𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 17

Aelys

Morning classes went smoothly and I found myself bored too often for my liking. For now, all we had seen in class, I already knew it. Mattheo sat next to me in every class and he had put his hand on my thigh in all of them. In the hallways he would either hold my hand or put an arm around my shoulder or even my waist. This boy loved PDA and I didn't know if I should be afraid or happy with how he was acting so far. I still didn't know if he was doing it to keep up appearances about our union or if he was being genuine. He did say he cared about me when we were still in our room but I couldn't help but wait for him to go back to his old broody insulting self.

Now it was lunch and I was starving. We were coming back from herbology and it was just the two of us. None of our friends had that class with us. We were heading for the Great Hall, Mattheo's arm around my waist, my body pressed flush to his side. Obviously, all eyes were on us. All morning we had been stared at and I was beginning to get irritated. Couldn't they mind their fucking business ? Mattheo didn't seem to give a fuck and I was amazed at his ability to do so.

"Why is everyone looking at us like that since this morning ?" I spat as I stared at some Gryffindors who were whispering as we passed by.

Mattheo chuckled and gave a squeeze to my waist.

"They're wondering why you're so close to me, love."

"But why ? It's like they never saw a couple before !" I rolled my eyes and he shrugged.

"They never saw me acting like this with anyone before. Actually, I've never been in a relationship."

I frowned at his words, confused. Were we in a relationship ? I mean, a real one ? I took a look to my left and saw an empty room. I grabbed his arm and pulled him in, closing the door behind us. He looked at me both confused and amused as he leaned against the wall.

"Can't hold back anymore, love ?" He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"No, I just think we need to talk."

"About ?" He raised an eyebrow, curious.

"Us. I'm completely lost, Mattheo." I sighed as I pinched the bridge of my nose. "You said I was yours and you were mine, and it's kinda obvious since we are betrothed but what are we ? Are we together in public but just acquaintances in private ? I'm confused..."

He walked to me and cupped my cheeks, stroking them with his thumbs. His eyebrows were furrowed and he seemed frustrated.

"I thought I had been clear last night and this morning. Guess not." He sighed. "I'm yours as you are mine, love. Behind closed doors as well as in public. I want you, Aelys. In every way possible."