𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 14

Aelys

It felt like we had laid in each other's arms for hours when in reality it was for half an hour. We ended sitting on his bed, my legs crossed and him resting his back against the headboard. He was asking me about my childhood, wanting to know more about me.

"There isn't much to tell." I shrugged. "It's always been my Father and I. My Mother died in childbirth and my Father tried his best to take care of me. He was somewhat overprotective and I wasn't allowed to leave the Manor. I think since he has always been your Father's follower he was afraid someone would hurt me to get to him."

"That's why he didn't let you come to Hogwarts when you got your letter at 11 ?"

I nodded. I explained how I had been homeschooled at a young age, learning every form of magic that existed. My Father wanted me to be prepared and able to defend myself if it came to it. I knew dark magic pretty well as well as wandless magic and more basic ones. I was a good duelist but there was one thing I hadn't learned and I wanted to.

"Hey, Tom ?" He hummed, inviting me to go on. "You do know how to fight, right ? Like without magic..." I asked unsure.

"I do. My Father taught us how to use magic, obviously, but he also taught us every form of combat. Including the muggle ways. Ironic for someone who despises them." He rolled his eyes. "Why are you asking, sweetheart ?" He asked softly.

"Do you think you could teach me ? I believe it could be handy since your brother seems to be fond of pushing me against walls and choking me." I rolled my eyes.

He chuckled while nodding.

"I'll teach you. I have to warn you, tho, Aelys. I'm not a very patient teacher and I won't go easy on you. I'll push your limits, sweetheart."

I nodded, agreeing to that. I needed the learning and what better way to learn than the hard way ? I yelped as I was pushed back on the bed and I felt something cold on my throat. My eyes widened as I looked at Tom in disbelief while he was smirking devilishly.

"You really need my teaching, sweetheart."

I rolled my eyes as he got off me and helped me sit up again. We realized it was time for dinner and decided to head for the Great Hall. As I was following him out of his dorm I cursed myself when I remembered I was barefoot.

"I need to pass by my dorm, I don't have shoes on." I sighed.

He offered to come with me and I agreed. Luckily Mattheo wasn't here, so I picked my boots and put them on. On our way to dinner, Tom asked me if I wanted to learn how to fight with a knife or with my hands first. I chose my hands, saying we could do it with a knife after since I wouldn't have a knife on me all the time so it was probably best to learn the basics first.