𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 34

𖥸 TW 𖥸

𖥸 TW 𖥸

Aelys

My eyes fluttered open and I groaned softly as I felt my head throbbing in pain. I try to bring my hands to my aching temples but I froze as I notice I am tied up to a chair. I attempted to move my legs without success. My throat tightened and I felt my eyes water. What the fuck was happening ?

"Ah, Miss Parkinson, I see you're finally awake."

My head snapped to the left and I winced at the sharp pain the sudden movement brought. My vision was blurry and I blinked to chase the tears away, letting one slide down my cheek. My brown eyes widened when they fell on Dumbledore, standing near a wooden door, his hands behind his back. I swallowed the lump in my throat and tilted my chin up, trying to show no fear.

"Professor." I spat. "Why am I here ? Oh, and it's Miss Riddle, not Parkinson."

He cleared his throat and pushed back his glasses on his nose. He moved closer to me and smiled, making me shudder. This man was creepy.

"Of course, pardon me."

"Why am I here ?" I repeated a little louder.

"We have a few questions for you. You have nothing to worry about, all you have to do is answer us and we will let you leave."

My eyes narrowed and I scoffed. As if I were going to say anything to any of them. Besides, there was no one else than the both of us in this room. My heart sank when I finally took notice of my wedding dress. I was still wearing it and it was covered in dirt and ripped in a few places.

"Miss Riddle." He cleared his throat again, visibly uncomfortable with my last name. "Do you know anything about Tom Riddle's plans or Miss Granger's murder ?"

I rolled my eyes and laughed in disbelief, shaking my head. Did he really think I would talk ?

"Even if I did, what makes you think I'll tell you ?" I raised an unimpressed eyebrow.

He sighed and took out his wand. I tensed, bracing myself for any curse he was about to cast on me. But it never came. He flicked it and a chair appeared next to him, right in front of me. I frowned and watched him sit down, putting his wand back in the pocket of his robe. His blue eyes fell on my left forearm, intensely looking at my dark mark.

"I know you had no choice but to take the mark, my child. You don't have to fear Tom Riddle and his Death Eaters anymore. You can tell me anything, I promise you will be safe."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes again. Lies. Dumbledore and the Order of the Phoenix didn't give two shits about any of us. All that mattered for them was Harry Fucking Potter. The fact he didn't think I had wanted the mark was a huge clue. No one knew anything about us, Purebloods.