𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 6

Aelys

I was sitting on the couch of our bedroom, my book opened on my lap but my eyes were fixated on the door. Anxiety had taken over me and I was waiting for Mattheo to come back, expecting him to snap at me, as usual. I truly hoped he didn't know about Tom and I holding hands but I knew he would still be mad at me for talking with him.

Minutes went by way too slow and I was feeling more nervous by each passing. A soft knock on the door made me jump and my eyebrows furrowed. Who could it be ? I got up and went to open it, not knowing what to expect. My eyes widened at the sight of Tom looking down at me with soft blue eyes and a small smile on his lips. I was definitely not expecting him to be here.

"Do you have a minute ?"

I nodded, opening the door more for him to come in. I closed it behind him and looked at him curiously. He ran a hand in his hair, sighing softly.

"I talked to my brother. About him being rude to you. You don't have to worry about it anymore. He should leave you alone from now on."

My mouth opened slightly in shock. He had what ?

"You- why ?" I asked dumbfounded.

His blue eyes met mine and all I could see was kindness in them.

"Because he's an asshole and someone needed to tell him."

My first night here came back into my mind and I remembered Draco lecturing him, telling him he should treat me with respect and him telling him to fuck off. It didn't really work.

"I- I appreciate it, I really do, thank you, but... Draco tried it as well and he definitely did not listen..."

I looked down at my feet and started to pick at the skin around my nails. I gasped as I felt his hand on my cheek, lifting my head up to look at him. His touch was soft, like he was afraid I'd break under his touch.

"He will this time, Aelys. Believe me. He won't insult you ever again and he will not raise his hands on you. I promise."

I closed my eyes, sighing softly before nodding. When I opened my eyes again, I found him admiring my face. I couldn't help but find him breathtaking. He was beautiful and the way he was looking at me was making me weak.

He took his hand off my cheek quickly and took a step back and I snapped back to reality. I felt myself blushing and I looked away again. I hoped he wasn't reading my mind a few seconds ago but I had the feeling he had. He cleared his throat and scratched the back of his head.

"I should go. I have to pack for school. I don't know if anyone told you but we're leaving for Hogwarts tomorrow morning at 7."

I nodded softly.