𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 1

Aelys

As I was taking a hot shower, I heard the bedroom door opening and being slammed shut. I rinsed the soap off my body and stopped the water, rolling my body in a towel. I exited the bathroom and entered the closet, looking for something comfy to wear. Perhaps sweatpants and a hoodie. I didn't pay attention to him, knowing it was better to let him calm down before trying to converse. I heard a huff and then footsteps coming my way. I turned around and saw him leaning on the door frame, crossing his arms on his chest.

"My Father explained everything. I'm not gonna lie, I am not happy with his decision. Don't expect me to fall in love with you. I don't do love, darling. We will have an Heir, like my Father wants but other than that, don't expect anything from this union. Got it ?"

I nodded and he huffed before storming away from the closet. I heard a door closing and soon the shower was running. Guess I had to dress here then. I sighed and put on my underwear then the clothes. I headed to the bookshelf and picked a book. The red letter. I then sat on the sofa facing the shelf and got comfortable.

I had read a few chapters when the bathroom door opened and I heard him sitting on the opposite side of the sofa. I thought he didn't want me to speak, so I stayed quiet. He sighed, making my eyes level to his.

"I was told you were going to join Hogwarts with me. Where were you schooled before ?"

"Home. I've never left our mansion before today." I answered truthfully.

He raised an eyebrow before nodding.

"We will take the train in three days. Do you know if you have all your supplies?"

"I don't think my Father has brought any..."

He huffed.

"Well, do you at least have a wand ?"

I nodded and he rolled his eyes.

"We'll go to Diagon Alley tomorrow for your supplies. I have to buy a few things for myself as well."

I nodded and went back to my book. He was making me nervous. He was almost rude in his way of talking to me. I was intimidated. He spoke again, asking me if I knew how houses worked in Hogwarts. When I told him I had no idea, he explained them all to me. He insisted on the fact that Slytherin was the better option and I hoped to be sorted there in order for him to be happy. I didn't want to disappoint him in any way. He said he would never feel love for me but I still had to be a good wife. I needed to make my Father proud. And the Dark Lord.

I took a look at the window and noticed the sun was setting down. My gaze went to the clock on the nightstand, 7pm. I closed my book and decided to head for the kitchen. I didn't know when dinner was served but I was hungry so might as well check. I could feel him following me with his eyes but I paid him no mind. I exited the bedroom and went downstairs. Soon enough, the smell of chicken and potatoes filled my nose and I followed it, finding the kitchen right away. Three house Elves were roaming around the place, cooking and preparing dinner.