𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 25

Aelys

I took a step back to distance myself from him and leaned against the wall. I crossed my arms on my chest and scowled at the scarred boy.

"What do you want, Potter ?"

"Aelys, right ?"

I raised an eyebrow and nodded. He cleared his throat and that's when I noticed he was nervous. Funny when he's the one that locked me in a closet with him. I knew I could use wandless magic to stone him then leave him there, but I had the feeling he wouldn't stop bothering me if I did.

"I don't have all day so what do you want ?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Why are you marrying Riddle ? The real reason." He scratched the back of his neck, avoiding looking at me.

"Straight to the point, I see." I huffed. "He's my boyfriend and we love each other."

He frowned and finally looked me in the eyes.

"I don't believe you. Your family supports Voldemort, everyone knows it. Riddle has never been in a relationship and out of nowhere, you appear and you're engaged ? That's a little bit weird."

I rolled my eyes and took a step toward him, forcing him to take one backward. I was slightly taller than him thanks to the boots I was wearing and I saw him gulp, visibly intimidated.

"I don't owe you anything, Potter. In fact, I don't owe shit to anyone. Believe what you want, I don't care."

"So you admit you're marrying him to help Voldemort in winning the war ?"

I balled my fists and laughed devilishly. The nerves this boy had. He was practically shaking with fear in front of me and yet he kept pushing, hitting my nerves. They called him the chosen one or the golden boy but all I saw as I looked at him was a pathetic little boy who thought he was better than anyone else.

"I never admitted anything." I growled. "Our marriage is out of love. Believe or not, I don't give a fuck. Now get out of my way before I make you."

He shook his head and pity flashed across his face which only made me angrier. He tried to touch my arm but death glared at him and his hand fell back at his side.

"What I'm trying to say is... If you need help, you can tell me. If they're forcing you to marry Riddle, Dumbledore and I can help you. The Order can help you."

He gave me a small smile and I started to laugh again. He frowned, confused and I could see him shift uncomfortably.

"I won't repeat myself again, Potter. Move." I growled.

He gulped again but before he got the chance to move to let me get out, the door burst open and our heads snapped up to see Tom standing there, wand pointed toward Potter, a dangerous look on his face.