Chapter-19

Jin: "Mom, where is Dad? I need to ask him something regarding my work."

Jin asked, sitting next to his mom, who was sitting alone on the bed while thinking deeply. Hearing his voice, she looks up and smiles.

Mrs. Kim: "Your dad took Taehyung to the doctor for a checkup, and he was also having a severe headache for days." She informed me sadly, as she was worried for her son.

Jin: "Oh, but why didn't you tell me earlier and bother Dad? I would have taken him to the doctor."

He also gets concerned about his younger brother. She looks at him and sighs deeply.

Mrs. Kim: "Since it wasn't a serious issue, we decided not to worry you while you are already preoccupied with your work." She spoke gently, grinned, and tenderly stroked his head.

Jin: "Mom, nothing is more important than my family. You should have informed me about Taehyung." His mother stops smiling, recalling you and Taehyung.

Mom: "Dear, you should think more about you and your wife instead of Taehyung. You have a wife now, so pay more attention to her."

Her tone of voice changed into something cold after she mentioned you, which didn't go unnoticed by him.

He forced himself to smile and took her hands in between his before starting to speak.

Jin: "Yeah, I know, Mom. And there was something else I wanted to talk to you about, Y/N and your misunderstandings." He breathes, and she gives a confused look, but she understood when he took your name.

Mrs. Kim: "Jin, I never wanted to say this to you, but I think now I have to say that something is going on between your wife and Taehyung."

She finally speaks, but she didn't know he already knew about it. She never wanted to create any problems between her son and daughter-in-law, even though she had doubts about her.

It was just a month into their marriage, and she never wanted to break it because she was aware that his son was already in love with her.

She wanted to handle it herself without dragging him along and breaking their relationship. But after Jin spoke first about it, she decided not to hide it anymore.

Jin: "Mom, there is nothing like what you are thinking. Y/N has told me everything about your doubts. Mom, whatever you are accusing her of, those are all just mere misunderstandings."

He told her. She was surprised after knowing that you had told him about it. She sighs and speaks.

Mrs. Kim: "So she had already told you—" She was saying something angrily but was cut off by his son.

Jin: "Yes, she did, and why wouldn't she? Even if she hadn't, I would have identified it by your odd behavior towards her. All the time, you seem to be cold with her."

He stated and indirectly complained about her harsh behavior with you. He wasn't rude, but he was still firm, as he trusts you.

Mrs. Kim: "Jin, I have seen them together at midnight on the balcony, and that too alone. You know how inappropriate it is?" She asked firmly.

Jin: "I know Mom, but your seeing her with Taehyung was just a coincidence. She had gone out to drink water that day, and on her way back, she saw Taehyung standing there alone."

Mrs. Kim: "But it didn't look like that was a coincidence. They were talking to each other very comfortably as if she went there on purpose." She speaks again.

Jin: "Mom, he was standing there at an odd time, so she just stopped and asked him what he was doing at the late hour. Even if anyone had been there, then I would have asked the same."