Illness pt4

Still Meados POV

"I was so worried Meisje."
"Beth." Viv says to me in a soft whisper. I look at her.
"I'm okay. Stop worrying." Of course viv would say something like that. She cares about everyone else so it's much more then she cares about herself.
"Baby, it's okay to not be okay. I'm here with you and that is all that matters right now." I whisper to her gently.
"Lay with me?" She asks. I nod. Of course she's gonna be tired. I lay in the bed with her and she places her head on my chest. I stroke her hair and eventually she falls into a deep sleep.

After around 2 hours of her sleeping and me listening to her steady breath and heart beat she wakes up. It takes her a minute but soon she remembers where she is and why she's here.
"Beth?"
"Yeah lieveard?"
"Can you maybe get me some water?"
"Of course I can." I get up and leave the room for a second I walk past the waiting room to the cafeteria. In the cafeteria that's where I see the whole team sat around still looking as nervous as ever. I don't think they've realised I'm here so I decide to not do anything. I just pick up the water and stand in line. I pay for it and when I start to walk back I hear my name being called.
"Beth!" It's Steph.
"Hey. Look I'm sorry that I snapped earlier I was just." I start but steph cuts in.
"Beth you were scared. And it's ok I forgive you if it was my fiancé id be the same way. How is she?" She asks.
"Better but still not right. She just woke up from a 2 hour long nap and is thirsty so I've got her some water. You do realise the team doesn't have to stay right?" I speak.
"Yea we don't have to stay but we want to stay." I smile gratefully.
"I've got to get back to her I'll see you later." She nods and lets me go. I walk back into the room and see viv trying to look at how to work the remote.
"Heyy you okay?" I ask and she nods.
"Just trying to see how to work this thing." She seems frustrated and I laugh slightly before pointing out she's not on the right channel. I give her the bottle of water and I sit back on the chair next to the bed.
"Hey no no no." She says as I sit on the chair. I look at her and she pats the bed.
"Only because your not very well." I joke as I get in and let her rest her head on my chest again. I rub her hair yet again but this time she doesn't fall asleep and we watch sky sports. The doctor then walks in and when he sees us he smiles. Then he speaks and I tuen down the tv.
"Vivianne you have a serious infection in the lower abdomen. It is serious but easy to remove if we do a surgical removal. If you opt out of the surgery you would just be given pain killers. That won't get rid of the infection but just temporarily delay it to a later date and that might cause other side affects." He says and I see viv nod.
"I'm taking the surgery." She says and the doctor nods.
"I'll go fill in the paperwork for you." Then he leaves the room and viv turns to me.
"I'm scared." She says and I hold her tight.
"That's okay. You can be scared. I'll be here before you go and when you get back." I say and she hugs me tighter.
"I love you."
"I love you too."