Recovery again

Vivs POV

I've had to have another small surgery to remove some scar tissue. I needed it done to be able to progress in my rehab. I've just been discharged from the hospital. Beth has been with me almost 24/7 only right now she is at training. I sign myself out and it says on the form 'how are you getting home?' I tick the box which says going home with husband/wife. Yeah I know Beth isn't my wife but there's no girlfriend option so I'll go with that. I hand the form back to the doctor. She checks it over. She looks quite old and miserable to be fair.
"Where's your husband?" She asks grouchily. She must hate her job.
"Oh uh it's wife. My wife is nearly here on her way back from football training." When I say that she just looks at me with a very dirty look. She must be homophobic but I really can't deal with that right now.
"We must see your husband before we let you leave." She says not correcting herself. I sigh and go and sit down. I text Beth to make sure she comes inside. She sends back a thumb emoji.
Around 10 minutes later Beth arrives she comes up to me and kisses me softly on the lips.
"Heyy you. How are you doing?" She asks.
"Around the same as when you left me an hour ago." I say smirking. I then walk up to the counter.
"My wife is here now can I leave." I say to the same grouchy woman. She gives us both a dirty look.
"Yes you and your friend may leave." She says annoyed. What is her problem honestly. I turn around I see Beth looking a bit confused. I roll my eyes and walk over to her. She asks me what happened with her eyes.
"Fucking homophobe." I say. When we get outside I see loads of steps. I start walking down. Slowly. I wince at every step. Beth sees this and she slows down to be next to me.
"Are you okay?" She asks again. I love her caring.
"Knee just hurts on these steps." Then Beth leans down and picks me up putting her hands on my hamstrings. I thought she was gonna put me down at the bottom of the steps but no she walks me to our car. She opens the door for me and I sit in. She shuts it then walks round to her side. She gets in turns the engine on putting a hand on my thigh and drives.
"How was training darling?" I ask her.
"Alright really." She responds.
"What did you do?" I ask.
"Started off in physio. Went to the gym. Then went on pitch and did some shooting." She says and I laugh when she says gym.
"Lucky you going in the gym." I joke and she rolls her eyes.
"Filled with the injured boys today though so not many." She says and I nod. Eventually we pull up to our house. We both open our doors and walk out. Beth unlocks the door and we walk in.

We've been in the house for about 2 hours now. The girls are coming over later in about 3 hours. Well the girls who aren't at the World Cup and aren't busy are coming over later so that basically means Teyah, Gio and Kim. Right now I'm just sat on the sofa . Beth's in the kitchen doing god knows what.
"Baby i am just about to join Faras podcast do you need anything?" Beth asks. God even when she's busy she cares so much.
"I'm good thanks lievard." I shout back. Everyone finds it cute how I call Beth names in Dutch but to be fair I don't realise I do it until someone calls me up on it. Maybe it's because she makes me feel so at home that I'm reminded of my childhood home.

Around 20 minutes later I get thirsty. As I start to walk towards the kitchen i see a box of rubbish for the black bin. I pick it up walk outside and place it in. I have my headphones on so I can't hear anything. I put the rubbish in the bin then walk back inside. To get to the kitchen I have to walk behind viv so everyone she's on zoom with will be able to see me but I've learned to get used to it now. They don't post the videos well they do just only little snippets of them. I walk past. Well I need to stop saying walk. I can't walk. I limp past Beth and her computer. I don't even look at it. As I get to the kitchen I get a glass and fill it up with tap water. I put a few ice cubes in it and make my way back towards the living room.