13.

*Anson's POV*

It's Friday now, the day before we head to tall point, and we are having an MCCB family cook-out to spend some time with the moms, Margot, and Quinn and Paisley before we leave tomorrow, since Kinsley is coming with us.

But right now, Piper and I are at the gym with my mom working with the 7-8 year old class, which means, Quinn and Julia are here.

Quinn is actually doing very good for her first class. She's super flexible and really excited to learn.

Piper and I had the girls get in to two lines, and take turns with us basing them with back walk overs and back hand springs. Me on back hand springs, Piper on back walk overs. The one problem little girls have when doing these two things, is keeping their arms locked. But after a few tries around, they somewhat started getting the hang of it.

Don't get me wrong, gymnastics is my life, I love competing, but I think working with the smaller girls is my favorite part of all of it. Teaching them how to control their tricks, giving them confidence that they can do anything, and helping them find a love that will never leave.

"Very good job today girls." Piper clapped.

"Now, you all will be here tomorrow, but Piper and I will see you all Monday since we'll be out of town." I nodded.

"Because you're going to ride fast bikes with Cashew." Quinn nodded.

I let out a small laugh. "Yes." I smiled. "I have a race this weekend, but I'm gonna be thinking about you all while we're gone."

"Just remember to keep your arms locked tomorrow, point your toes, and more importantly, have fun with it." Piper smiled.

"The most important part of being a gymnast is having fun while doing it, don't forget to shake out your legs and arms with a dance or two, and make sure Miss Sherry has you do the macarena." I nodded.

"Yes Miss Anson, Yes Miss Piper." All the little girls nodded.

"Class dismissed little ones." My mom smiled and clapped.

All the girls stood up and went to grab their bags as Piper and I went over to our lockers.

"You two, are so good with little kids." Julia nodded as she and Quinn walked over.

"Eh, they take all the seriousness of competing away, they make it fun." Piper smiled.

I knelt down and grabbed Quinn's hands. "And you, did really really good today." I nodded.

"I like this." She smiled.

"Good, we like it too." Piper nodded.

"Momma are we going to Miss Sherry's with Daddy?" Quinn looked up at Julia.

"We are." She nodded.

"Can I ride with Anson and Piper." She pouted.

"Oh honey, I don't know." She shook her head.

"It's OK." I nodded. "I don't mind, we can meet you there."

"Anson I can't ask you to do that."

"You're not. She did." I smiled. "If it's OK with you, it's perfectly fine."

She sighed and smiled. "I will go get her booster." Julia nodded.

"Yay." Quinn clapped.

We all walked outside, Julia gave me her booster seat, I tossed it up in and Piper helped me lift her in to my back seat, and we headed to my house to finally eat.

*Cash's POV*

OK, so, finally my turn to tell my side of things.

I have moved from place, to place, to place for the past 17 years, I have met plenty of girls, but I have never met a girl who comes half as close to Anson Cross.

I am going to be dead honest, home girl actually scares the shit out of me. But, it has been drilled in to my head from the time I could remember to never show fear and to never back down, so I'm not about to because I'm actually intimidated by a girl.

Anson is 100% different from all the girls I have actually met. And people are right when they say she's basically a dude. But, she's also one of the girliest girls I've met too. I don't know a single girl who can dress up, dress down, build a dirt bike, and flip through the air the way she does. I'm actually really in to it. Which is why I am trying so hard, when I normally don't.

But, she agreed to go out with me next weekend if I left Kinsley alone about this Duke guy. SO, I have left her alone all week.

Now, it is Friday before we leave for my first race in Georgia, and we are all waiting at the Cross house for Miss Sherry, my mom, Quinn, Piper, and Anson to get here so we can spend some time together before we leave tomorrow. And I am excited to spend the weekend with her.

Parker, Kinsley, Dyson and I were all in Dyson's back yard, and he was throwing a football back and forth with Kin.

"OK, so what is Orange 86?" He yelled as he threw the ball to her.

"It is, a smash out of double TE?" She scrunched her face and caught the ball.

"Atta girl!" He pointed at her. "Duke must be really helpful."

"OK, can we not." I nodded

"Dude, you are taking my sister out next weekend. This is life with a little sister in high school." He laughed.

"No, I do not like this." I shook my head.

"I'll tell Anson and you can kiss that date goodbye big brother." Kinsley gave me a look.

I pursed my lips."No."

"I still think you're crazy." Parker shook his head.

"You've told me a thousand times this week Park." I laughed.

"Because you are in fact crazy." He nodded.

"Not crazy, just, curious." I nodded.

"Nah, you're pretty crazy. Anson is a psycho and a lot to handle." Dyson nodded.

"I like her." Kinsley shrugged.

"Because you're a psycho too." Parker laughed.

"Isn't Piper basically a girly Anson with red hair?" I shook my head.

"And Dyson is also crazy." He nodded.

"You're just mad that you don't have your own little psycho." Dyson shook his head.

"We all know I very well could." He nodded.

"Yeah, that Cadence girl in my algebra class is kind of obsessed with you." Kinsley nodded.

"Yeah lets not talk about her this weekend. I don't feel like being spit on." He shook his head.

"Why doesn't she like her anyway." I shook my head.

"That would be my fault." Dyson raised his hand. "They were really good friends, until I, uh-"

I cut him off. "I get it now. But her and Piper are best friends."

"Exactly, they're best friends, her and Cadence were just really good friends. And Anson is not to fond of the fact that I have been with a few of her friends." He shook his head.

"So stop sleeping with her friends." Kinsley laughed.

Then her truck pulled in to the driveway.

"Speaking of the psycho." Parker nodded.

Her and Piper got out, and she shuffled around her truck to the back seat and climbed up.

"What is she doing?" Dyson shook his head.

And then she pulled a little girl out and handed her down to Piper.

"Is that my little sister?" I scrunched my face.

"Well, it's a 7 year old in a leotard, so yes Cash, it's Quinn." Kinsley nodded.

Piper set her down and they all came walking over.

"Kinney look what Anson and Piper taught me." Quinn smiled.

"Oh so I'm just nothing, huh." i nodded.

"I guess you can watch too Cashew." She rolled her eyes. "Will you watch me too Parker." She smiled at him.

"Sure Quinn." He let out a small laugh. "Whatcha got?"

"Anson." She looked up at her.

"Which one do you want to do?" Anson smiled.

"The one where I jump." She nodded.

"OK." Anson nodded and got down on one knee. "Remember, keep your arms locked ok?"

Quinn nodded and turned around, and this little girl just did a back handspring over Anson's knee with a little bit of help.

Kinsley, Parker, Dyson and I all clapped.

"Wow Quinny, that was so good." Kinsley smiled.

"Good job peanut." I nodded.

"I can do a back bend and kick out of it too." Quinn smiled.

I just looked at Piper and Anson. "You two work fast."

"She was very excited to learn." Piper nodded.

"And what are you 4 doing back here?" Anson smiled.

"They're talking about you being a psycho and Cash being crazy for asking you on a date." Kinsley shrugged.

She just looked at the three of us.

"I did not say you were a psycho." I raised my hand.

"Uh huh." She nodded.

"Speaking of asking her out, what are you guys doing for your date next weekend?" Piper smiled.

"A surprise." I nodded. "I'll run it by you tomorrow."

"You've got handsome." She pointed at me.

"And uh, my mother is where exactly?" I shook my head.

"She'll be here in a few minutes. Quinn wanted to ride with me." She nodded.

"And you just let her?" I let out a small laugh.

She pursed her lips. "Yup." She nodded.

I just shook my head. "Don't start spoiling her."

"Or what?" She crossed her arms.

"Yeah Cashew, or what?" Quinn crossed her arms too.

"Well, she's gone." Dyson nodded.

"Anson." We heard as the gate opened and all 3 dads walked back to the yard. My dad carryin Paisley.

"Oh god what?" She shook her head.

"You're mom just called. Let me see it." Hal nodded.

"Oh boy." Piper shook her head and plopped down on Dyson's lap.

"It's fine."

"You missed a grab because you twisted wrong, you have a race Sunday, let me see the damn wrist!" He yelled.

"Kin, your sister so I can go help your mom Sherry, and Margot." My dad nodded.

"I've got her dad, come here bean." I smiled and grabbed Paisley from him. I went and sat with Dyson and Parker.

"Can I actually have her?" Piper pursed her lips.

"Sure." I nodded and handed her over to her. "So, the wrist, common thing?"

Dyson nodded. "Between racing, twisting wrenches, and gymnastics, her wrists arent necessarily in the best shape, plus, carpal tunnel."

"Brace." Hal pointed to the house.

"Dad no." She shook her head, "I'm fine."

"Were not taking the chance Anson." He shook his head.

"I will make a deal with you. 1 minute handstand on the beam, I hold it the whole minute, you agree I'm fine and I don't have to wear the brace."

He raised his eyebrows and sighed. "Fine, but you wear it tomorrow when you're driving."

"OK." She nodded.

He motioned over toward her beam.

"Quinn come here." She waved her over and jumped up.

Quinn walked over and smiled up at her.

"I want you to look really closely at my hands, arms, legs and toes OK." She nodded. "When you do your hand stands this is the form you want, OK?"

"OK." Quinn nodded.

"Can she do a hand stand for a full minute straight?" Kinsley looked at the 3 of them.

They all nodded.

"And using it for a teaching moment." Piper nodded.

Sure as hell, Anson held the hand stand or a minute straight. She kicked down and just looked at her dad.

"Fine, but you wear it while you're driving tomorrow." He nodded.

"Deal." She smiled. "Which reminds me, you two." She pointed at Dyson and Parker. "Get yo go pick up the Miketish family tomorrow morning with mom's car."

"Wait a minute. Why?" Dyson gave her a look.

"Because we will be at the gym early to train before we leave, mom is riding with us, Anson's truck will have the bike trailer on it, and Daddio number 1 and Daddio number 2 are coming with us, which they will have Daddio number 2's truck with the camper on it. So you guys get to go get Daddio tres and his children." Piper nodded.

"And mom needs her car." Anson shrugged.

"Wait a minute." Parker held his hands up. "Does that mean we have to load the bikes tonight?"

"It does." Dan nodded.

"Wait a minute, will all of be able to fit in your truck, like, all us teenagers." I looked at Anson.

"No, you wont. Which brings us to Miss Kinsley, would you like to make some money this weekend?" Hal smiled.

"I'm always down for making money." She nodded.

"Amazing. You and Piper, will be handing out advertisements while wearing and selling these." He walked back out of the fence and came back with a few boxes.

"For your designs Piper." Dan smiled and handed her an envelope.

"Pleasure doing business with you." She smiled.

"We'll talk to you more about it tomorrow, along with the rules of going to races with us on our way tomorrow, because you my dear, are riding with us." Hal pointed at Kinsley.

"There's rules." She scrunched her face.

"It's mostly about safety around the riders and with riders." Piper nodded.

"Wait a minute." Anson nodded and walked in the house, and she came out with a small box.

She tossed me a shirt, my dad a shirt, and Kin.

"I don't get one." Quinn pouted.

"You absolutely do get one." Hal nodded.

Anson handed her a little pink shirt, with the 4 racers that the rest of them had, our numbers, the MCCB logo, and on the back of hers it said Cashew.

"Really." I nodded.

"Figured you'd like it." Anson smiled at me.

"OOO, the new shirts came in." Sherry came walking through the house with my mom.

"And here is one for miss Julia and baby Paisley." She smiled and handed my mom a shirt and a little pink onesie. Turns out, the two babies got pink, the rest of us got black, and Quinn's the only one who had Cashew on the back. The rest of us have Miketish.

"And I have the hoodies over at the house. Margot is bringing them over." Dan nodded.

"You made Paisley a onesie." My mom smiled.

"Yeah, we're turning her in to a racing baby." Hal nodded.

"Me too." Quinn smiled.

"You are already a racing baby peanut." I picked her up and lifted her in the air.

"Can you change the name on my shirt though." She looked at Anson.

"What do you want me to change it to little Miss Quinn." Anson looked up at her.

"Parker whats your last name." She smiled at him.

He let out a small laugh. "it's Martin." He nodded.

"Martin." She smiled at Anson.

"Honey why would you want Parker's last name on your shirt?" My mom shook her head.

"He's cute." She smiled.

My face went completely flat and I just looked at her. "No."

She crossed her arms. "Why can't Parker be my boyfriend."

"Quinn, I'm flattered." He stood up and took her from me. "But honey, I'm 17, I'm a little too old for you." He nodded.

"But how come Kinsley can have a boyfriend older than her." She pouted.

"Quinn." Kinsley closed her eyes and scrunched her face.

"I'm sorry, Kinsley has a what?" My dad looked at her.

"So, I'm gonna give this back to you." Parker nodded and gave Quinn to me.

Dan and Hal sat down in their law chairs, leaned back, crossed their arms and just smiled at my dad. "Your turn." Hal nodded.

"He's not a boyfriend." Kinsley shook her head. "He's a friend."

"And how old is this friend?" My dad crossed his arms.

She pursed her lips and looked at Quinn.

"Sorry." Quinn looked down.

"Kinsley Rhiannon Miketish." My dad raised his eyebrows.

She sighed. "17."

And then my dad looked at me. "Did you know about this."

"OK, how am I in trouble." I shook my head.

"Cash." He shook his head.

"Yes." I nodded. "I did."

"And why didn't you handle it, let alone let me know." He nodded.

"Yeah Cash, why?" Anson smiled and crossed her arms.

I pursed my lips. "Because I am 17, and Anson is 16. Kinsley will be 16 next month, and it would be hypocritical for me to tell Kin he is too old for her." I nodded. "And because Anson told me if I stayed out of Kinsley's love life she would go out with me next weekend." I scrunched my face.

"It is not the same." My dad shook his head.

"And why is that Kevin." My mom looked at him. "How is it different than Cash seeing someone younger than him."

"Because she's 15." He nodded.

"And he was doing much worse than just being friends at 15." She nodded.

"Mom." I looked at her wide eyed and shook my head.

"I am so happy I'm not the only one going through this." Hal nodded.

"Oh like I'm wrong." She rolled her eyes.

"Thank you mom." I nodded.

"Welcome to the club." Dyson nodded. "It could be worse."

"And what exactly is this friends name Kinsley." My dad looked at her.

She sighed and shook her head. "Duke."

Then Hal and Dan perked up. "Duke Wallace?" Dan smiled.

She nodded.

"Oh Kevin you really do have nothing to worry about. Duke, he's a good kid. He'll actually be there this weekend. His dad also has a race team, he doesn't race, but his little brother Ben does." Hal nodded.

"You don't say." My dad nodded.

"And you will mind your P's and Q's. And if you don't Anson and Piper have full permission to beat the crap out of you." My mom smiled.

"Oh like they could." He rolled his eyes and looked at the both of them.

"I bite." Piper nodded.

"I'll break your hip." Anson shrugged.

His face went flat and he just looked at Dan and Hal.

"Welcome to the family." They both nodded.

"I however, don't recommend grounding her from him because then she will sneak around behind your back and wont talk to you for a week." Hal shrugged.

My dad sighed. "I meet your friend tomorrow, or he's no longer a friend Kinsley."

"Meet or threaten." She crossed her arms.

"Meet. Good enough for you your highness." He looked at my mom.

"Queens run the kingdom. Kings take the credit." She nodded.

"Oh no, not another one." Dyson shook his head.

"I love her." Anson and Piper pointed at my mom.

The discussion ended there honestly.

We ate, goofed off for a while, and we went down and loaded the bikes in to the trailer and hooked it up to Anson's truck.

We said goodbye and headed home, because apparently we're in for a long weekend. Mostly me.

But, I think we're gonna fit in here just fine.