16.

*Anson's POV*
Finally race day.
We all were way to excited. So we got up, showered, ate breakfast and headed down to the track.
"OK, Piper, Kinsley, you can be up at the set up with us, but you both need to be quiet because of the mics to communicate." My dad nodded.
"Yes sir." They saluted him.
"And we decided that you 4 are going to work each others mics." Dan nodded.
"What?" Parker shook his head.
"You're going to be communicating with Anson while she's racing, and she's going to be communicating with you because you're both on the same model bike. And since you two are on jump models." He pointed at Cash and Dyson. "You're going to be doing the same."
"We just have to pay attention because it's the first race of the season. But, there's two new members, Dyson and Anson normally do this, now we've got to mix in you two." My dad nodded.
"So you'll hear us both over the speaker but only one is talking to us?" Cash looked at them.
They both nodded.
"But, we'll both be there just in case. So will your dad." Dan nodded.
"Whose racing first?" I asked.
"450 is up first." Dad gave Dyson and Parker a small smile.
"Why don't you all get your gear on and we'll head up." Dan smiled.
Cash, Parker, Dyson and I all headed over to the trailer.
"Nervous?" I looked up at Cash.
"No." He let out a small laugh. "Do I seem nervous?"
"Little bit." Dyson let out a small laugh. "But it's your first time racing with a team mate. My first time racing with Anson I was nervous as hell."
"Any tips." He looked at Dyson, Parker and I.
"Just keep going." Parker nodded. "Don't back down."
"If something happens to me, don't stop." I shook my head.
"Do you think something is gonna happen?" He gave me a look.
"Something always happens." Dyson nodded.
"Being a girl racing, you get used to being a target. Just trust me when I say to keep going, and I'll catch up. OK?"
"And you'll do the same?"
I nodded.
We were all finally dressed and got our bikes out.
Unfortunately, our set up was right next to Thomas Racing.
As soon as we got up there Garret was giving Cash nothing but dirty looks.
"Problem?" Dyson laughed.
"Shut up." Garret nodded.
"You can make me if you'd like." Dyson nodded.
"Dyson don't waste your time, his problem isn't with you." Parker laughed. "He's just mad someone stole his girl."
"No one stole anything from me." Garret shook his head.
"That's right. Can't steal something that wasn't his to begin with." Cash looked at Garret.
"Bitch you wanna keep talking?" Garret put his helmet down. "We might not be racing each other but I will gladly beat your ass off the track!"
"You can try." Cash nodded. "Don't think it would go very well for you though."
"Stop it! Now!" I yelled.
"I agree." Pete nodded and smacked Garret in the back of his head. "Watch your mouth."
"And you." Kevin stepped in front of Cash. "Knock it off. Not the place."
"Yes sir." Cash nodded.
"This is gonna be an interesting school year." Dyson laughed.
"Shut up." I nodded. "You don't help." I got off my bike and walked over to him. I wrapped my arms around him and squeezed.
"I'm gonna be fine." He hugged me. "I always am."
"Stay vertical. Don't lay it down please. And stay as far away from his back tires as possible." I nodded.
He let out a small laugh. "I will. Because I'll be in front of him." He pulled away and held his hand out.
We did our little hand shake.
"Moto what?" He raised his eyebrows.
"Moto Cross." I smiled.
"Name and blood." He nodded and looked at Cash. "You got me?"
"I got you." Cash nodded.
"And I got you." I walked over and hugged Parker. I grabbed him by his face mask. "Keep it vertical, don't lay it down, and make that bike look good."
"So, full it?" He smiled.
"Open it wide and you full that bitch." I nodded.
"You got it Baby Cross." He nodded.
I smacked his helmet a few times and smiled.
They headed down to their starting positions because 450 was called to the track.
"You OK?" Cash looked at me as he put his ear piece in.
I nodded.
"Do you do that every race? Worry about him?"
I nodded.
He sighed and put his arm over my shoulder. "He's got it." He nodded.
"I know. But, being at odds with Garret, them both being out there, you know?"
"If he knows what's good for him he won't do anything stupid." He rubbed my shoulder.
My dad cleared his throat and Cash ripped his arm away.
Piper and Kinsley both laughed.
I tapped my head phone. "Park you got me?"
"Loud and clear." He said over the speakers at our set up.
Cash tapped his. "Dyson, we good?"
"We good." He said over the speaker.
"Parker, don't let it rip right out the gate. Catch them off then open it wide."
"Yes ma'am." He replied.
Cash looked out to the track. "Dyson that first jump stay to the left, right and center look a little rough."
"Got it."
"Hello everyone and welcome to Tall Point track." The announcer said over the loud speaker. "Now it's time for our 450 racers to come out the gate."
"Keep it up Park, don't let anything happen to him." I leaned down on the table.
"I've got him Ani."
Cash put his hand on top of mine and leaned down too. "Don't lay it down Dyson. Don't let anything happen to him." He looked over at me.
"Yes Anson." He laughed.
"Thank you." I mouthed to Cash.
He nodded.
The gun went off and the gate dropped.
"And right out the gate to the front is Craig Marquez, followed by Dyson Cross and Griffin Peterson."
"Park you're 7 away from the front. Bob between the two in front and drift to the left."
"Where's Dyson."
"Right behind Craig. Second."
"Cash where's Parker." Dyson said.
"6 behind you. Coming up. You've got Griffin coming up on your left and one right behind him." Cash nodded.
"Parker, Garret's coming up on your left."
"Open it yet?"
"Right after the tight through the straight stretch and over jump one. Stay to the left."
They made it around the tight.
"Open that bitch up."
And he did exactly that.
"Dyson, Parker's on your left and coming in hot."
"And Parker Martin takes the lead over the first jump of the race." The announcer says through the speaker. "Falling close behind him is still Marquez and Cross with Garret Thomas right on their tail."
"Parker don't let up. Stay to the right of the rumble strip. Left is looking a little swampy."
"Dyson stay to the left of the rumble." Cash squeezed my hand.
My body relaxed slightly. I flipped my hand over and wrapped my fingers in his. He let out a small smiled and closed his fingers over my hand.
"Parker, Dyson is on your right."
"Dyson shift up and hit that jump fast."
"Cash you mother fucker!" Parker laughed in to his mic.
"Tell Park he's gotta be quicker than that."
"You two play nice. Parker you're not fully open. You have one more trick up through that bike."
"I don't know Ans. Can they handle it?"
"That's the point."
Parker flicked to his last shift and he took off flying, right past Dyson who was evidently so thrown off that Garret and Beau both passed him.
"Damn it Anson what the hell did you do to that bike!" Dyson yelled.
"Well, my work here is done." I laughed.
"You my girl Ani." Parker said in to his Mic.
"And in first place, is Parker Martin. Followed by Beau Tall, then Garret Thomas."
They pulled off the track but Parker, Beau and Garret had to stay down for an interview.
Dyson came up to the set up and took his helmet off. "You suck!" He tossed it at me.
"Awe is someone a sore loser." I pouted.
"It wouldn't have happened if it weren't for that last shift!" Dyson laughed. "At least one of us took first."
"That's the spirit." Cash smiled and wrapped his arm over his shoulder.
"You sir, are gold on that mic." Dyson patted Cash's chest.
"Parker's interview." I pointed at the screen and they huddled around me.
"Parker Martin, Golden Boy." Carson smiled. "Your first race back with MCCB and you come in first. How's it feel?"
"It feels great." Parker nodded. "I just wish I could take all the credit for it."
"Who're you giving credit too?" He nodded.
"Well first, my dad and Hal for letting me come back to the race team after 4 years. Yeah, I rode during the summers while I was here but it's great to be actually racing again." Parker smiled.
"Who else?" Carson put the mic in front of Parker.
"Well, there's Dyson Cross and Cash Miketish. The two of them during practices put me in situations where I have to get out of them and it's really helped me become a better racer. And we just can't forget my wonderful mechanic Anson Cross. A racer is nothing without a good bike, and she built me one of the best bikes around. So I'm forever grateful for all three of my team mates."
"Now when it comes to 250, who do you thinks going to be standing up here with you?"
"Oof, I don't know." Parker shook his head. "I'm hoping it's Cash or Anson, But, it could really go to anyone. If I couldn't pick Cash or Anson, I would lean more toward Ben Wallace or Collin McGraff."
"OOO, no one from your brothering team?" Carson raised his eyebrows.
"Don't get me wrong, Dalton and Harvey are good riders. But, when you're racing on a team it's different. You're not an individual rider. Dalton and Harvey they're still new to racing on a team. Cash, he's newer but he came to MCCB with the same mind set that the three of us have, and that's that it's about the team. Individual races are different, with those we race against each other, not together. Ben and Collin are the same way. They've been racing together, for, what, 6 years now. A lot of people think racing isn't a team sport, but Dyson and I, clearly just proved it can be. Being a selfish racer, that can be dangerous, being a team racer, it not only helps you, but it helps your brand. So as much as I'd like to say I think Thomas Racing will come out on top, if I can't root for my team, it would definitely be Wallace Racing." He nodded.
"Alright." Carson nodded. "I can respect that. That was actually a really good answer."
"Thank you. But Carson, I have a race to go talk a team mate through, I will see you after 250." Parker patted his back and threw his helmet back on.
He came riding back up to the set up.
He took his helmet off. "Girl, that is your job from now on." He pointed at me.
"Yes I know." I flipped my pony tail. "I'm a goddess mechanic."
"Great race Park." Cash nodded.
"Thank." Parker smiled. "But boy I'm whooping your ass for getting him to literally jump over me!" He pointed at him.
Cash raised his hands. "I'll take it. It was cool." He smiled.
"Can we have the 250 racers down to the gate in 10 please!" The announcer said over the speakers.
"And now you two are up." Dyson nodded.

Well, here goes nothing.

*Parkers POV*

Cash and Anson threw their helmets on and Dyson walked right over to her and grabbed her face mask. "I swear to god Ans, be careful."
"I got it." She nodded.
"You know they're gonna pull some fuck shit." He shook his head.
"Hey. I'm gonna be fine. I always am."
"Don't lay it down." He smacked her helmet.
She held her hand out and they did their little hand shake. "Moto what?"
He smiled. "Moto Cross." He nodded.
"Name and Blood baby." She smiled and looked back at me.
"I got you." I nodded.
"And I got you." Dyson pointed at Cash.
"Hey." I walked over to Cash.
"Are you gonna give me a pep talk." He pouted.
I laughed. "Yes." I nodded. "I know she's pretty, and I know you like her. But if it comes down to it, don't back down. She'll be pissed if you do. Out there, she's another racer, one of the guys. So if you get the chance, open er wide and let her rip. Maybe jump over her."
He laughed. "You got it."
"Alright." I gave him a bro hug.
Awkward as hell, but I like Cash. I do.
They rode down. But the look on Dalton's face when he put his helmet on made me un-easy.
It made me feel even more un easy when he pulled in next to her.
Dyson tapped his headphone. "Cash you hear me?"
"Got it."
I tapped mine. "Ani?"
"I hear you."
"Good, alright, you need to open it wide when you leave the gate, and you need to stay as far away from Dalton as possible." I looked at Dyson.
"Why what's up?"
"Just, somethings up. Be careful." I sighed.
Dyson looked at me. "Cash."
"Yeah."
"If something happens to Anson, don't stop." He took a deep breath.
I nodded.
"What's going on?"
"Just, focus on the race. She's got it." He nodded.
"Now it's time for our 250 racers to come out the gate." The announcer said over the speaker.
"Ani don't back down." I said in to my head set.
"Cash keep it vertical." Dyson nodded.
And as soon as the gun when off and the gate dropped, Dalton cut in front of Anson, roosted the hell out of her to the point where she had to lift her arms and she came off her bike when he took off.
"You've got to be fucking kidding me!" We heard Griffin yell.
Luckily she got up fast and got on her bike. She took off.
"Dad he's off the team or I'm done racing." Garret shook his head. He, Griffin, and Craig came walking over to us.
"What's the word, is she alright?" Craig looked at our screens.
"Ani you good?"
"My arm." She replied.
"Where is Anson." Cash said over the speaker.
"Keep going Cash, take that turn tight." Dyson nodded.
"Dyson."
"She's coming. About 14 racers away."
"Ani open it up baby. Come on." I shook my head.
"She's gonna whoop his ass." Dyson looked at me.
"Tell her when she catches up to shift up directly in front of him." Garret nodded.
We both looked at Garret.
"She didn't do anything. She didn't deserve it. He's done." He shook his head.
"Ani, Garret said to shift up in front of Dalton when you catch up."
"Why is he there."
"All three are here. They're pissed. Do it back and let it rip over that jump. You're 9 behind Cash now, he's in second."
"Cash hit that jump in high." Dyson looked down at the screen.
"Dyson what the hell happened."
"Anson got roosted and knocked off bike. She's fine. She's 8 behind you now. Don't stop. One of you has to place or be in first and it's gotta be you. Do not stop and open it up." Dyson shook his head.
And Cash did just that right as Anson pulled in front of Dalton and left him in the dust.
"And coming in on top is MCCB racer Cash Miketish followed by Harvey Quinn and Ben Wallace!" The announcer yelled over the speakers.
"You two stay up here with Dan. Kevin." Hal nodded.
They went running down the hill, Kevin went to the winners line with Cash, who was just looking around, and Hal went over to the medics stand and waved Anson in when she came off the track.
"Pete, I'm sorry but I'm beat his ass." Dyson looked over at the Thomas table and threw his head set off.
"No." Dad shook his head. "You are gonna stay over here."
"Might be a good idea if we did too." Griffin nodded.
"Hey, is she alright?" Duke came running over to our table.
"She's getting checked." I nodded.
"I'm kicking the shit out of him." Kinsley yelled as she walked over with Piper.
We all waited and listened to Cash's interview. He definitely called Dalton a bitch in not so many words. Kevin jumped on the back of his bike and he came riding up.
Dalton, was completely oblivious about what was going to happen. He's too ecstatic because he came in fourth.
"Where is she." Cash looked around as he took his helmet off.
"She's on her way up." Dad nodded.
"What the hell was that." He shook his head.
"I saw the look on his face, I warned her. He hit her with so many rocks that she came off her bike." I shook my head.
Anson and Hal pulled back in, she had her arm wrapped up, her jersey off and she jumped off her bike so fast and headed straight for the Thomas table.
She ripped her helmet off and threw it directly at Dalton.
"Anson no!" Hal yelled and ran right after her.
"You stupid selfish son of a bitch!" She ran directly up to him and started swinging. "You wanna intentionally hurt me so you can get first!" She kept swinging.
"Stay over here!" Dad yelled as him and Kevin went running over.
I mean, Hal had a hold of her, but she had this kid by his hair just teeing off.
"Oh!" Cash jumped and flinched.
"Oh my god." Griffin stood there jaw dropped.
"Well congratulations Dalton! You're first in line to catch this ass whooping you mother fucker!" She screamed and kept hitting.
"Anson let go!" My dad yelled.
"Wanna hit me with fucking rocks? You can get hit too bitch!" She screamed.
It really took her dad, my dad and Kevin to get her away and over back to our table.
"You're lucky I'd never hit a girl!" Dalton yelled as they carried her over.
"Correction! I'm not a girl! I'm a bitch! I'm that bitch!" She screamed.
Griffin, Craig and Garret went running over and stood directly in front of him. "When we get to town grab your shit from the track and don't come back." Griffin shook his head.
"I placed 4th!" Dalton yelled.
"It's how you fucking placed!" Garret screamed. "We don't intentionally do that to anyone to get ahead! That isn't how you race! That's how you hurt people and she got hurt because of that!" He pushed him.
"You're off the team Dalton!" Craig yelled.
"Take her." Hal handed her to Dyson and walked over to them.
He grabbed Dalton by the front of his jersey and started just screaming about him trying to injure his daughter and how lucky he is that he's not 18.
"Let me see it." Dyson set her on the table and unwrapped her arm.
Her arm was all different types of torn up with some rocks still stuck in there. "OW." She winced.
"Are you alright?" I raised my eyebrows.
She nodded. "Thank you. If you wouldn't have warned me that would've been worse."
"I had a bad feeling." I shook my head.
She looked at Cash. "Congratulations." She nodded.
"Anson fuck the race." He shook his head. "Look at your arm."
"I'm fine." She nodded.
"You're arm is all torn up and you're covered in blood." He nodded.
She pursed her lips. "Uh, that's his." She scrunched her face.
Dyson and I just looked at each other and started laughing.
"This isn't funny." Cash shook his head and laughed.
"Cash, she just whooped his ass." Kinsley laughed.
"It took all the dads because she was whooping his ass so hard." Piper laughed.
He started laughing harder and looked at Anson. "You scare the shit out of me now." He shook his head.

Well, Cash won the wait. But, Anson definitely won something today.