49.

*Cash's POV*

After all that, I walked downstairs to literally everyone in the living room just staring at me.

"Do you want this back." Dyson held up Paisley.

I walked over, grabbed her, and walked out to the back deck of the Air BNB to just, sit in the air for a little bit.

That it until my mom came and sat next to me, which I was hoping she would.

She sighed and started rubbing my back. "I'm going to guess that you have shoved your foot in your mouth more than once this week, and that is why she is reacting the way she is now." She nodded.

"I'm acting like a crazy person mom." I shook my head. "I knew that once I told her I love her that it was going to happen."

"Cash there is nothing wrong with loving someone." She shook her head. "But there is when you don't think before you speak. Why don't you give me a breakdown of what all has happened this week?"

I sighed. "Well, Monday, she was talking to Garrett in the hall, which turns out it was about what time to meet us at the gym to help Sherry. And I freaked out because of what he said at her birthday party."

"Well, what did he say?"

"Not to count him out and that he was still in because he had her first." I nodded. "Which is how I screwed up because I'm pretty sure Andy told Cadence, and Cadence told Anson, and Anson flat out asked me if there was any other reason, I didn't like him. And I said no."

"So, you lied." She nodded.

"No, I just didn't- "

"You lied." She raised her eyebrows.

"Fine, I lied mom. In which she called me out on, after she swung on Garrett and told him where to shove it. The ripped me a new ass on the beat about not trusting her and scared the shit out of me by telling me that keeping things from her is what's going to make me lose her. I freaked out." I nodded. "And then when we were downtown, Morgan noticed me, everyone introduced themselves, I introduced Anson, and then Morgan grabbed my arm, moved closer, told me she missed me and that she'd like to catch up. I told her I was busy obviously, and she told me to call her if I changed my mind."

"Why would she touch you and say all that with your girlfriend right there?" My mom shook her head.

I pursed my lips and looked down.

"She does know that Anson is your girlfriend, correct?"

"I haven't talked to her since a few days before I went mudding with Anson and kissed her for the first time." I shook my head. "And, I wasn't really thinking, and may have left out Anson is my girlfriend." I scrunched my face.

"Oh Cash." She groaned.

"Mom, I know. I screwed up, again. I am doing nothing but screwing up because I've only had the one girlfriend, who just dropped a bomb on my life. And I have no clue what the hell I'm doing. And now she won't talk to me, and we're supposed to be going on this date tomorrow that Kin says she'll still be ready for, but I don't want to screw this up mom. I love her. I really do love her."

"OK, OK." She held her hands up. "Here's what I want you to do. I want you to go upstairs, tell her you need to talk to her, and you will tell her whatever she wants to know and nothing but the truth. OK?"

I nodded.

"Come on, give me your sister and go." She held her arms out.

I handed Paisley to her and walked straight through the living room and up to her and Pipers room.

I knocked.

"What!" Piper yelled.

"Anson, I really really need to talk to you. I promise I will tell you whatever you want to know, and I will tell you the truth. Please, just, let me talk to you." I sighed.

I heard whispering and rustling, and then the door opened.

Piper and Kinsley both crossed their arms.

I took a deep breath. "I love you both very much." I nodded. "But." I pushed right past them, closed the door, and locked it.

I turned and she was just sitting on her bed smothered in blankets, with a big ass spoon, and a quart of ice cream. "Please call off the bodyguards." I nodded.

She dropped her spoon into her container and crossed her arms.

I sighed, walked over, and sat on her bed next to her. "I have done a lot of fucking up this week. I know that." I nodded. "But seeing Morgan after a year and a half, it caught me off guard."

"Well, she knew you moved to Georgia so clearly it hasn't been that long since you two have talked." She shook her head.

I pursed my lips. "I haven't talked to her in months."

"When." She raised her eyebrows. "When was the last time you talked to her?"

"Were you not talking to Garrett the other day?"

"Oh no. No no no. There is a difference. Garrett knows you're my boyfriend, I tell him you're my boyfriend, and I've showed it countless times. You do not get to bring up Garrett right now. You also know when I talk to Garrett." She pointed at me.

I took a deep breath. "When I say months, I mean it. It was a few days before I asked you to get to know me and I kissed you for the first time. I haven't talked to her since. And I have no desire too." I shook my head. "I'm not interested in Morgan anymore. I haven't been for a very long time."

"What am I to you?" She shook her head.

"Anson you're my girlfriend. I should've have introduced you as my girlfriend. But I was having a mild anxiety attack because you like to get swingy sometimes, and when it comes to Morgan, so does Kinsley. I was more focused on one of you two incase someone did swing. And it blew right past me. I am sorry. But if it will make you feel better, I will call her right now and tell her."

"I would prefer you not." She nodded. "I would prefer you not call her ever again. But I'm not going to tell you who you can and can't talk to. But damn it Cash. Her touching you and moving in. That should've been the point where you put her in her place."

"Belle I told her I was busy." I shook my head.

"I'm busy is not no I have a girlfriend Cash."

"I know." I nodded. "I'm sorry. Anson, I love you. But I'm going to fuck up. I would rather you talk to me when I do than avoid me so I can fix the problem. I'm going to do my best, but I'm not used to this. So please bear with me."

She pursed her lips and nodded. "I will talk to you when there is a problem."

"That's all I ask." I shook my head.

"I'm sorry."

"You have no reason to be. Like I said, it threw me off too. But I need to start thinking."

She nodded.

I leaned over and kissed her. "I love you."
She gave me a small smile. "I love you too."

I let out a sigh of relief. "I am, going to let you get back to your girls stuff. Can you be ready by noon?"

"Yeah."

I kissed her one more time, got up, and opened the door.

Kinsley and Piper were still on the other side.

"Good boy." Piper nodded.

"Now go, so we can finish our ice cream and talk about your stupidity big brother." Kinsley smiled as they pushed past me and closed the door.

Words are great. Let me tell you.