37.

*Anson's POV*

"Hey Belle." Cash smiled as he answered the phone.

"Hi." I smiled.

"How was your alone time last night?" He laid back on his bed in the barracks.

It's now Saturday, this entire week has been draining, between school, gymnastics, and building bikes, so, I decided to spend last night alone to just re-cooperate.

Which was amazing.

"it was exactly what I needed." I nodded.

"Good. I miss you, can't wait to spend the whole weekend with you next weekend. I feel like we all really need a weekend away."

"We do. Honestly it can't come soon enough."

"That Anson?" I heard in the background.

Cash nodded.

Andy's head popped in the screen. "Hey boo boo." He smiled.

"Hey." I waved.

"I'm gonna let you two talk before we have to go. 10 minutes dude, and we need our Kevlar." He pat Cash's back and then I heard the door.

Cash sighed and looked at me.

"Kevlar." I nodded.

"Babe it's just a safety pre-caution."

"For what!" I yelled.

"We have target practice today." He nodded.

"I fucking hate ROTC." I shook my head.

"Hey, this is helping me for my future, you know this."

"I know Cash." I rolled my eyes. "Not to fond of you getting shot at."

"They're rubber bullets." He shook his head.

"It doesn't matter." I yelled.

"You know we were having a good conversation, and now we're arguing over stupid bullshit." He nodded.

"Well sue me if I don't particularly like your fucking choice for your future Cash. Not really excited for you to go to war and get shot with real bullets and possibly not come the fuck home."

"You realized the stuff you do in the gym makes what we do look like baby bullshit, right? It's quite possibly more dangerous than being here at ROTC."

"I'm supervised." I nodded.

"And so are we." He nodded. "Babe, it's preparing us for basic training."

"Or, you can just go to GT?"

"OK, and you can quit gymnastics." He shrugged. "Belle I've been doing this for 2 years now. The last program I was in was far worse than this one, and I'm used to it. Just trust me when I say I'll be fine."

I laid back and glanced around my room.

"Now come on, don't do that." He shook his head.

"Do what?"

"Give me the Anson sigh. How about this, since you're so concerned, next Friday since we're going to the lake house and we don't have school, I'm all yours, and you can make sure I'm 100% OK and welt free."

I narrowed my eyes.

"And I will do that thing you like. You know, the thing where I-"

"OK!" I yelled.

He laughed. "There it is. There's my smile." He nodded. "I hate arguing with you. Especially about this stuff. I know you get worried, and I know you don't want me to leave. But babe, I wouldn't be leaving you. I'd be back. OK?"