43.

*Cash's POV*

I'm not gonna lie, I'm fearing for my life right now as I walk up the stairs.

I really would not blame her for straight beating my ass.

But I'm gonna man up.

I took a deep breath, opened the door, and she was just laying in bed, eyes closed, looking peaceful as hell.

I'm assuming she's sleeping, so I lightly closed the door, climbed into bed to face her, and kissed her forehead. "Wake up." She whispered.

She sighed. "I'm not sleeping." She rolled away from me, and got out of bed.

I sat up and watched her grab her bag.

"Babe, where are you going?"

"To shower." She nodded.

"Well wait, I'll get in with you." I got out of bed.

"No, Cash." She shook her head. "You won't."

"Anson, I'm sorry." I shook my head.

"Yeah." She nodded. "Being sorry seems to be your thing today." She walked into the bathroom, and closed the door.

I groaned, walked over, and tried the knob, but it wasn't turning.

I sighed and knocked. "Please open the door."

I heard nothing but the shower turning on.

"Belle, please just open the door!"

"Why would I do that Cash? I tried to talk to you on the boat, and you jumped in the water."

"Well, I'm trying to talk to you now. So will you please open the door."

"Use some of your ROTC tricks to open it if you want it open so bad."

"Or you can stop being such a stubborn little brat and open the fucking door Anson!"

Now that one, I knew that one would get her to open the door.

I however was not expecting the smack to the face and the point. "Don't ever talk to me like that again." She shook her head.

I started rubbing my cheek. "I had to get you to open the door."

She crossed her arms. "I'm trying to shower." She nodded.

"I'm trying to apologize. Can I at least come in."

She rolled her eyes and walked back into the bathroom, but she did leave the door open, so I followed.

She went to unwrap her towel, but stopped. "Can you turn around?"

I raised my eyebrows. "Anson, I've seen you naked, quite a bit, we've literally had sex twice, in the past 24 hours." I nodded.

"Yeah, well every time you look at me that way I can't be mad at you, and I'm mad at you." She nodded.

I pursed my lips, grabbed her hand, pulled her in to me and lifted her on to the bathroom counter. "The thing about that is, I don't want you to be mad at me." I stood between her legs and put my hands on her thighs. "And I am so sorry about this morning, and on the boat. It wasn't your fault, and I took it out on you. Parker and I squashed it, we ran our ones, talked it out, and we're OK. But now, I need you and I to be OK."

"What do you mean ran your ones?" She raised her eyebrows.

I cleared my throat and turned on the mirror lights so she could see better.

"Jesus Christ." Her jaw dropped.

"Dyson and Duke wouldn't let us inside, they gave 10 minutes to kick the shit out of each other and get it out, and then they locked us outside." I nodded.