14.

*Anson's POV*
Piper and I were at the gym bright and early the morning we leave for tall point.
Well, early, not bright. It was 5:30 and the sun wasn't up yet.
We've been here for 3 hours with dad and Dan spotting us, and we were on our last few skin the cats around the uneven bars when the Miketish clan, Parker, and Dyson came rolling in.
"What the hell is that?" Kinsley shook her head as they walked over.
"They're skin the cats Kin." Cash nodded. "You two can do skin the cats?"
"They've done 20." Dad laughed. "Scared yet?"
"Not quite." Cash laughed. "But getting there." He nodded.
"Good, you should be." I smiled as Piper and I jumped down.
"Go, change my girls, we gotta get going." Dad pointed to the locker room. "Our track time to practice is at noon. We've gotta get signed in and you and Parker's bikes inspected since they're racer built bikes."
"Yes sir." Piper and I saluted. "Kin, you coming?" Piper smiled at her.
"Yes ma'am." She smiled and followed us.
Piper and I took our leo's off and just threw on shorts and t-shirts.
"You excited to spend a little time with Duke away from a football field?" I looked at Kinsley.
"No." She shook her head. "Because that requires him meeting my dad."
"Duke's a charmer, and a really nice guy. I'm sure it'll be fine." Piper smiled. "Plus, we have permission to intervene."
"True." She pointed at her.
"Just stick around us and you'll be fine." I nodded as I braided my hair back.
We finished up, said bye to my mom, and we headed out to the vehicles.
"So you're really going to drive this with a trailer on the back through the city?" Cash gave me a look as he threw his bag in the back of the trailer.
"I am, yes." I laughed.
"Probably a good thing." Dyson nodded. "I can't drive the trailer through the city."
"It's not that hard, if you use your mirrors Dys." I rolled my head.
"Who needs mirrors when you can just look behind you."
"And that is why you can't drive with a trailer." I nodded.
"Cash, you can sit upfront." Piper smiled as she crawled in to the middle of my back seat.
"Uh, you sure?" He gave her a look.
"Yeah, I don't think you'd fit back here." She nodded.
"Is that a fat joke." He laughed.
"No." She shook her head. "I just figured the Jolly Green Giant wouldn't want his knees up to his chest for an hour and a half." She laughed.
He nodded. "Touche."
"You just want to sit in the back with Dyson." I shook my head and jumped in my seat.
"Yes." She pointed at me.
"Hi, I'm also sitting next to you." Parker waved.
"And?" She gave him a look.
"Oh my god." He shook his head.
"I promise, I will keep my hands to my self." Dyson held his hands up.
"You're god damn right you will." I nodded.
We pulled out and headed to Tall Point.
And about 45 minutes in, Cash grabbed my hand and held it the rest of the way.
We checked in to the hotel, carried our clothes bags up to our rooms, and headed down to the track and camp to start signing in.
Luckily when we got down there, the dads had already signed us in and we followed them down to the sight that they picked out for the camper.
"Boys can you unload the side by side, four wheeler, and bikes out of the trailer? We need to talk to Anson." Dan nodded.
They all nodded and I followed my dad and Dan to the picnic table.
"What's up?"
"This is your first year as captain, which means, after track time, you get to go give the interview." Dad nodded.
"I know. I've spent years knowing that. I can do it."
"Without the Anson attitude if they say something that pisses you off?" Dan crossed his arms.
"Yes." I nodded. "I've got it. I can handle it. If they mention something about me being a girl, I'm just going to be honest. Talk about what bikes we have racing because we know they're going to ask, bring up the new racer and that Parker Martin is back. Doesn't matter who wins as long as someone from MCCB places."
"Atta girl." Dad smiled. "But, we did hear a little something about you and Garret at sign in. So if they ask about that, the relationship between you two and the teams, just say, no comment."
I sighed. "Great." I nodded.
"You know they've asked about you and the male racers for the past 3 years. We get that it's frustrating, but being a the only girl racing this weekend, it's bound to happen." Dan shook his head.
"Kind of like how it happened with Beau last year?" I rolled my eyes.
"Yes. And they did that knowing his dad owns the track and you two are friends. Garret, he's also a widely known rider around this part of Georgia, people talk. You know how to handle this, OK?" My dad rubbed my shoulder.
I nodded.
"Why don't you go get your gear on while they inspect you and Parker's bikes. Then get out there and get ready to show them what girls are made of." Dan smiled.
"I can do that." I smiled and walked over to the trailer.
"What was all that about?" Dyson gave me a look.
"Team Captain, means interview." I nodded and took off my T-Shirt.
"Jesus Christ do you have to do that here?" He shook his head.
"You realize the three of you are shirtless right?" I raised my eyebrows.
He, Parker, and Cash just looked down, because they all were in fact shirtless in riding pants.
"Alright then." Parker nodded. "What about the interview?"
"Well, I'm the only female racer, once again." I nodded and slid my riding pants over my shorts. "Which means-"
"Who'd they peg you with this time?" Dyson laughed.
"Dad's heard some people talking about me and Garret at sign in." I shook my head.
"Well at least they're not making shit up this time." He nodded.
"Happen often?" Cash slid his jersey over his head.
"Year one of me actually racing, it was Chase Holden, last year, it was Beau Marks."
"And Henry let the Beau thing slide?" Parker laughed.
"No, he stopped Beaus interview and made the reporters cry." I laughed.
"And if they ask?" Dyson shook his head.
"I'm going to say what I said to him. There's nothing to say." I shrugged.
"Atta girl." He nodded.
"Where are Pipe and Kin?" I looked around.
"They are out selling merch." Parker nodded.
"We're going to sell a lot if they're the ones walking around here doing it." I nodded.
"And that's why they asked them too." He laughed.
We finished putting our stuff on and walked over to the bikes.
The inspector slapped the stickers on mine and Parker's and looked at him.
"Good work." He smiled.
"Uh, I didn't build these." He shook his head. "She did." He pointed at me.
"Really?" He gave me a look.
"Does he look like an Anson to you?" I shook my head.
"Oh." He pursed his lips. "Well, good work." He nodded and walked away.
"Well, that happened." Dyson laughed.
"It's not funny." I shook my head. "Never get credit."
"So, give yourself some credit in that interview." Cash threw his arm over my shoulder and smiled.
I pursed my lips and nodded. "I can do that." I smiled.
"Atta girl."
"Alright you four, down to the track, it's 5 to noon." Dan pointed down the hill.
He, Dad, and Kevin hopped in the side by side and followed us down on our bikes.
We used our hour and a half practice time, and they followed me to the stage for the whole press/interview bullshit.
There were younger men sitting at the table, like there is every year, same ones as the past 3 years. Ben, Cole, Jason, and Carson.
"And now, we're being joined up here by the Martin Cross Custom Bikes race team captain, Anson Cross." Carson said as they all clapped as I sat down.
"How're you guys today?" I smiled.
"We are great." Cole nodded. "Excited to have you up here this year."
"Happy to be here finally."
"So, we heard a little something about you today." Ben leaned back and smirked.
"Yeah, of course you did." I nodded.
I heard a whistle from the stage steps.
My dad had his fingers to his mouth and shaking his head.
"We heard, that you are currently dating Thomas Racing's captain Garret Thomas. True?" He raised his eyebrows.
I sighed and shook my head. "No. I am not. There's nothing I really have to say on the subject of Garret Thomas other than we're racer's on brothering teams, our fathers are friends, and even if we weren't, my personal life has nothing to do with the race this weekend. Just like it didn't last year, or the year before that." I looked over at my dad.
He nodded and held his thumb up.
"That is enough Ben!" We heard Henry yell from over the loud speaker from the booth.
"Now, we did notice that instead of the 2 racers there have been the past few years, there is four this year. New racers for MCCB don't come around often." Jason shook his head.
"No. No they do not. We have one brand new racer on MCCB this year, and one who has finally come back." I nodded.
"Don't tell me the golden boy is back." He smiled.
"He is." I smiled. "After 4 long years, Parker Martin has returned."
"That is amazing. Parker has always been an incredible rider." Cole nodded.
"He is. We're really happy to have him back too."
"And what about the fresh new face?" Carson smiled.
"Yes, that fresh new face's name is Cash Miketish." I folded my hands on the table. "He just moved to Georgia from North Carolina, but has moved around all his life due to his dads military career. He's been racing for 5 years individually, but now that they're in a stable place, he's finally able to join a team. We're really lucky he decided to join ours."
"Again, MCCB doesn't take new riders often." Ben shook his head.
"Well, my dad and Dan have been thinking about bringing in a new rider. So they put ads out, and Cash's dad Kevin contacted them. He had a trial run, and Parker, Dyson and I all agree'd for him to join the team. He'll be racing 250 with me." I nodded.
"And 2 more riders, means 2 more custom builds out on that track tomorrow." Jason smiled.
"It does. Dyson, he's still going to be racing his old reliable 450 flight model. I will be racing my own custom 250 that I built that we're calling the ARC model. Parker Martin, is actually racing the 450 of my very own model that I built from the ground up. And for the first time ever, our Wing Model will be rode by Cash Miketish." I smiled.
"Tell us about the Wing." Jason leaned back.
"The Wing is a lighter yet bigger bike. When I say big, I mean tall. Cash, he's 6'1-6'2, and great when it comes to jumps. The Wing being a lighter bike, it's perfect for riders like Cash who are tall, yet like to fly."
"And what about your ARC model?" Cole smiled.
"Yes, my ARC model. It's my very own custom build. With my bike, I just tinkered with the engine. But with Parker's, I built his bike completely from scratch. It took me 6 months actually. But in my Dad and Dan's opinions, it's one of the most powerful bikes that has ever came out of MCCB. What you all saw out on the track was just a little taste for what's about to come tomorrow. It's actually a lot of the reason they decided to have me be captain this year." I nodded.
"And why is that?" Ben crossed his arms.
"Well, along with riding for 10 years now, I also have a better bike understanding than the boys. With the way my mind operates, if I'm going to be racing out here, I need to know everything about a bike, how it runs, the way it works, which things give it more kick, and what to do if it spirals out of control. Knowledge is key my guys. Knowing your bike inside and out, that's what makes a strong rider."
"Now, you're the only girl racing again this year. How are you going to handle all those boys out there this year?" Carson asked.
I sighed. "I am going to do what I always do. I'm going to get out there, and race like a girl." I shrugged.
"Meaning?" He gave me a look.
"Meaning, if I'm going to be out there with guys, I need to race smarter, and not harder. The same way I've been doing for years now." I nodded.
"And what about your team mate Cash Miketish?" Ben nodded.
"Cash and I both have an understanding. We're not individual racers out on that track tomorrow. We're a team. The way we both see it is that it doesn't matter which one of us it is, as long as one of us from MCCB comes in first or places, that's what matters." I nodded. "Cash and I have spent the past 2 weeks training together, learning each others strengths and weaknesses to be able to either help one another, or play off the others strengths. Cash has just as much of a chance as I do. Parker and Dyson are the same exact way. Any other questions gentleman." I crossed my arms.
"No." They all shook their heads.
"I think we have all we need. Ladies and Gentleman, MCCB Captain, Anson Cross." Ben nodded and pushed a button. "Why do you gotta be so mean?" He shook his head.
"Oh, so, you making up things about Beau last year wasn't?" I gave him a look. "I may be 16, but you best believe I am that bitch and will forever be, that bitch. Stay out of my personal life." I pointed at him and walked off the stage.
"Well, at least you waited until their mic's were off." Kevin nodded.
"I'm gonna whoop that kids ass." Dyson shook his head.
"Don't even bother." I shook my head.
"You, did great baby." My dad wrapped me in a hug and kissed my cheek.
Parker and Cash pouted and Parker put his arm over Cash. "You said such nice things about us." He whined.
"Oh shut up." I rolled my eyes.
"I would've thrown up." Kinsley nodded.
"Throwing up is better than throwing punches." Dan nodded.
"Why don't you 6 head up to the hotel, shower, and come back down for the events and food." Dad nodded.
"God I'm starving." All three boys said at the same time.
"Dear god, they're syncing up now." I shook my head. "Kin, jump on?"
She jumped on the back of my biker, Piper obviously jumped on Dyson's, and we took our bikes back up to the camp site before we headed to the hotel.
The boys basically sprinted inside, but I lost our room key in my car. Our rooms are joined so it wouldn't have mattered, but I'm happy I found it.
We were walking down our hall explaining to Kinsley how tonight normally goes, when a door flew opened just after we walked past it.
"Anson."
"Oh Jesus Christ." I rolled my eyes. "What do you want Garret?" I kept walking.
"To talk to you, please just stop."
I stopped in front of mine and the girls door and just turned around. "There is nothing to talk about."
"One minute. Please."
I sighed and handed Piper the room key. "I'll be right in."
"You sure?" She gave me a look.
I nodded and just mouthed the words 'a boy, 1 minute.'
She nodded and her and Kinsley walked in.
"What do you want." I crossed my arms.
"I heard your interview." He nodded.
"And?"
"Anson you basically said we were nothing. 3 months was nothing to you?" He shook his head.
"Uh, no. 3 months was nothing to you Garret. We are nothing. Like I said, we're riders on brothering teams, and out dads are friends. That's it." I nodded.
"Ans it wasn't nothing to me." He shook his head. "I just didn't understand where you were coming from. Please, just, hang out with me tonight down at the track. I won't hang out with anyone but you. I just want another chance."
"You flat out called me a hoe-bag, and then ripped me out of my truck. You really think you're getting another chance?" I scrunched my face.
"Come on ple-"
And finally, he was cut off by my room door opening. Apparently, Piper took me saying 'a boy' as 'send Cash out to save my ass' cause right out he came and closed the door behind him.
"You alright?" He looked down at me.
I nodded.
"Can I help you?" Garret gave him a look.
"No." Cash shook his head and stood beside me, then put his arm around my waist. "Can I help you?"
Garret looked down, then back up to my face. "Are you serious right now?" HE shook his head.
"Problem?" Cash raised his eyebrows.
"Yes bitch. You!" Garret yelled.
"Why do you even care." I shook my head.
"You know I fucking care Anson!" He threw his hands in the air.
"Watch, how you talk to her." Cash nodded.
I looked up and smirked.
"Garret!" Someone came walking out of his room.
"And what are you gonna do." Garret took a step forward.
"Walk away or you can find out." Cash stepped forward and lightly moved me behind him.
Griffin grabbed Garret by the back of his shirt. "Walk away." He let go and basically threw him.
"You still think I'm fucking crazy to think he was after her?" He yelled.
"No, I said you were crazy for giving another guy a chance to go after her." Griffin yelled and turned around. "Sorry Ans, sorry Cash." He scrunched his face and pushed Garret in to their room.
Cash shook shit head and turned to me.
I looked up. "Thank you." I gave him a small smile.
"Any time." He smiled. "He's got one more chance though, next time I really will throw him."
"Yes, over-protective. I get it." I laughed. "Incredibly hot though." I nodded.
"Yeah, get used to it." He shook his head and pulled me in to a hug. "He wasn't crazy to think I'd go after you though." He laughed.
Then I noticed someone else walking down the hall.
"Speaking of over protective." I pulled away and looked at the door next to mine, which now had two boys on the outside. "Hi Ben, Hi Duke." I smiled.
"Hey Anson." Ben smiled and walked in.
"Hi Ans, Hi Cash." Duke waved and walked in.
"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Cash shook his head.
Well, between Garret, the dads, and that, tonight should be interesting.