28.

*Cash's POV*

The look on Garrett Thomas's face when we walked in tonight, was a combination off pissed off and over it. And it made my night.

Griffin and Craig teasing him the whole time about it, that was icing on the cake.

And my girlfriend looking absolutely flawless in this light yellow dress, is the whole cake.

Griffin ended up winning Home Coming king, we danced, Piper and Anson screamed almost every single song, and around 10, we finally sat down at our table to just breathe.

"Has anyone ever told you you're literally crazy?" I shook my head.

"Oh, many times." She nodded. "Question is, can you deal with crazy?"

"Oh I can deal with crazy." I smiled.

"Well, you're gonna deal with a lot more crazy if we don't eat soon. I'm starving." She laughed.

"In other words, you're ready to go?" I raised my eyebrows.

She nodded. "Mooses, then your house?"

"Absolutely." I smiled. "Lets go say bye."

I stood up and held my hand out.

And like clock work, Parker and Cadence walked right on over as she grabbed my hand and stood up.

"You guys are leaving?" Parker raised his eyebrows.

"We are." I nodded. "Getting food then going back to my house."

He pursed his lips and nodded.

"Then Ani, you wanna dance with me once before you go? We've never got to dance at Homecoming." He looked at me. "If that's alright with you."

I looked down at her and raised my eyebrows.

She gave me a small smile and nodded.

"Yeah. Go for it Park." I let go of her hand.

He basically dragged her, and Cadence and I sat down.

But, Cadence was being unusually quiet.

"You OK?" I looked over at her.

"What's it like?" She shook her head.

"What's what like?"

"Not being the second choice when it comes to the person you want."

"Cadence you're not the second choice. Parkers here with you." I nodded.

"Yeah, because she's here with you." She nodded. "We've been sleeping together for 2 years. And even though they were off the rocker for all that time, he's never looked at me the way he looks at her."

"Well, he's starting to isn't he?" I raised my eyebrows. "I thought you guys had a good weekend last weekend."

"We did." She nodded. "Then in the car on the way here, he told me he wasn't ready to be with anyone, and we should be just friends. And deep down I knew last weekend when he showed up that she did something to upset him, and he just wanted to be comforted. I don't even know why I try, because for him, it's always gonna be Anson."

"Are you trying to tell me I have something to be worried about?" I pursed my lips.

"When it comes to Anson. No." She shook her head. "Anson has always been one of the most upfront, loyal people I've ever met. She's a great person, and she deserves someone who is great. You are. But when it comes to Parker, I'd keep an eye on him."

"You know you're pretty great too. If Parker can't see that then it's on him. You're gonna find someone whose gonna put you first."

She let out a small laugh. "Well, unless you've got a friend over at ROTC whose not from Helen, I think I'm screwed."