five

The week came and quickly went and Mikasa and I were getting ready to go to the back-to-school get-together. It sounded like a kids' party at first. But with the activities everyone does, it's far from it. Because we would be inside and relaxed, I prompted for plaided pajama pants and a baby tee with a jacket over it. I looked a bit like Adam Sandler in my outfit since it was all baggy and comfortable. I didn't mind. Mikasa wore pajama shorts and an oversized school T-shirt. We went over like there was a sleepover.

    Mikasa grabbed her keys and we headed over to Eren's house. We brought some alcohol and snacks with us, along with a card game to relax and have fun with the group.

    On the way, we listened to music, casually conversing about different topics throughout the friend group.

    "You know, I'm trying a different approach with Eren. And I think it's working," I comment. Mikasa's eyebrows raised slightly as she kept her eyes on the road.

    "Really? What is it?" She asks.

    "I mean he still ticks me off. But I think there's some progress being made. He talks to me just a little more casually. Not like we're best friends. But I think playing Mr. Nice Guy helps me out a lot," I explain. She chuckles.

    "So you're just acting obliviously nice until he gives up," She simplifies it. I hum, nodding. She smiles at me, eager to see how it would turn out. We'll just have to see.

    We pull into the now-familiar house and Mikasa and I go in the backseat to grab a couple of things before heading to the front entrance with generous hands. I had the drinks and Mikasa had the snacks and the card game. Mikasa opens the door casually and holds it open for me before I closed the door.

    I heard the group laugh in the distance as we approached them. Everyone sat around in Eren's living room, blankets everywhere and music playing. Connie was smoking with Jean and Sasha but everyone else prompted for some light drinking. Mikasa and I appeared and the group softly cheered at our appearance. I place the alcohol down and Mikasa tosses snacks at Sasha.

    I sat down on the couch, unlike the majority of the group who sat scattered on the floor. Jean and I sat at a comfortable distance.

    "Y/n! Sasha and I were just talking about this shit and we're tied down the middle so you're gonna be our tiebreaker," Connie tells me in between laughs. I nod, chuckling at his laughter.

    "So three years ago, Sasha was hanging out with this girl I had a crush on. Whatever, time passes and when I finally get the courage to ask her out, she fucking tells me she likes Sasha," Connie starts. I laugh at the story.

    "I went to talk to Sasha and she said that she did mention me and boasted about me and was being a wingwoman but when I asked the girl, she said that Sasha didn't. And people think that she was protecting Sasha but I think Sasha just didn't fucking say anything," Connie finishes his story as the group laughed at the recurring story. I chuckled.

"I don't think Sasha would purposely make your crush fall for her to spite you," I reply. The group on my team cheered with victory.

    "Thank you! I don't even like girls. But I would do something like that..." Sasha jokes. Connie gasps dramatically.

    "That's you fucking admitting it, plain as day," Connie argues. We all nudge Connie to cheer up at the old wound. I took a shot and nudged Mikasa.

    "Y/n and I brought a game in order for us to really connect this year. It's called 'We're Not Really Strangers' and it's a card game where we ask each other shit on the level of deepness," Mikasa presents the game to the group. The group calmly agreed, taking the chance to grow closer despite the comical dynamic they have. I'd also have better insight. I glanced at Eren and saw him slouching on his comfortable living room chair as he drank from his red solo cup. He simply observed.