six

A/N: I'm glad I'm getting some love on this ff so far! I read every comment! And I love how much people love this ff so far! We've got so much more to go! Stay tuned-ian :3

✩✩✩✩✩

 Monday loomed on me and if it wasn't for Mikasa and Eren's help with my work, I would be smoking cigarettes by the pack. I'm thankful for them. Although I haven't expressed my gratitude towards Eren.

I've been trying to play nice towards Eren to have him in my favor but since I was stressed about school and what's going on at home, I was snappy and mean. Although, I don't feel bad for that since Eren has been like that towards me since the very beginning.

I walked into the cafeteria and see everyone hanging out at a table, casually talking. I saw Eren and Elisa sitting by each other like always. But I never noticed her here. I had no idea she went here. I approach the table and creep up on Mikasa before leaning down and hugging her, giving her a kiss on the cheek. She embraced my arms around her before looking up at me with a smile.

"We were just talking about you," She casually tells me. Connie subconsciously pulls up a chair for me to sit beside Mikasa. I thank him before sitting by her in close vicinity.

"Yeah? About what?" I ask lightheartedly.

"I was just telling them about how Eren and I had to do your work for you to catch some sleep. They could all tell how shitty you were feeling and it's just kind of cute that everyone's starting to pick up on your moods a bit better," She tells me. I chuckle before looking at the group. Elisa spoke to Eren at a volume only he could hear. He glanced at me before smiling at her, responding.

"But you look much better now. So that's good," Jean comments, complimenting me. I nod.

"Thanks, Jean," I reply shortly. As the group spoke amongst themselves, I watched them speak passionately about minuscule topics and sometimes I joined in myself or added my two cents but I'd much rather be an observer. I felt my back pocket vibrate from my phone. I mindlessly take it out and check the notification. I read a text from someone who I haven't spoken to in a while.

I was slightly surprised to see that Colt texted me. Colt and I were close and ended up getting into this weird relationship. But it ended pretty quickly. He was still a good friend. At least I considered him to be. We rarely talk. This text wasn't something that completely caught me off guard since he's always had access to me on the phone. But the last time we spoke was about nine months ago.

colt

colt

Hey

y/n

hey

whats up?

colt

Nothing much.

Just wanted to check in on you.

Wanna hang out?

I stared at my phone at his fast response. He probably just wanted to see me since he was thinking about me. Last time, and like every time, it always ends up in us hooking up. But seeing his text this time kind of made me feel different. A little empty. Maybe that's odd. The idea wasn't appealing to me anymore. But Colt isn't a shitty dude. He's a great friend and he's super fun to be around and he's hilarious. We just met when we were so young and we both changed. We grew apart and that's okay.