thirty

A/N: nearing the end! I've been in a slump for this fic but I know how I want it to end so I promise I will release it next Saturday like always. We are too close to the end for me to go on another break LOLL I can't do that to you guys! anyway, i have more to say but just read this chapter and read my A/N at the end of it LOLL enjoy! See ya next saturday!- ian :3

☆☆☆☆☆

Eren [THIRD PERSON POV]

He heard banging on the metal frame of the bed before he opened his eyes and squinted, seeing who it was.

"Jaeger?" An officer asks for confirmation. He stretches before answering.

"Yeah. Is there a reason you woke me up or did you need help spelling it?" He answered, frustrated.

"You made bail, smartass. Get your shit together and meet me at the front door. Hurry," He informs Eren before leaving the cell. Eren huffed, smirking at the news. He knew that Sammy would come in clutch for not snitching him out.

He didn't know how he was going to get out of this one. Feign innocence? Pin it all on Armin? No, he'd never do something like that to Armin. Even if he was still angry at him over all the drama that occurred with you.

But even with no feasible train of thought, Eren was somehow confident that he would be able to get out of this one. He had this odd confidence. So that was what he followed. Plus, in good news, his release was a bit of a surprise for you. You haven't been answering his calls so he's dying to get out of here and look for you.

To tell you, look! I'm here and I'm free! It's me. I told you I'd make it up to you.

He was excited to see you but there was worry. He knew that you weren't upset with him so there would be no reason for you to ignore him. He started to think that maybe Colt had something to do with it but when he spoke to his aunt Faye, you seemed relieved to be acquitted from the crimes you were accused of.

Eren sighed with relief at the news of your court day. That was one less thing he'd have to stress about. But still, he had no clue how or why you'd be MIA at the moment. There was simply no logical explanation. He'd figure it out when he got out, he thought. And now he's gathering his things so that's the first order of business.

Getting to you.

He stood in front of the pod door and was given access via guard to walk through. They still had him cuffed as a precaution. It had been two weeks since he was arrested and jailed. No matter the verdict, he had two weeks as a free man. And he was intending to do a lot with it while his guaranteed time was given to him.

They handed the bag of clothes to Eren before giving him privacy to change out of his inmate jumpsuit. His phone was obviously dead. And his car was in possession of the police as evidence. He had no way of leaving except for stealing another car. But he knew he had to be in the clear until his date so he thought to call someone through a payphone perhaps.

He put his wallet and dead phone into his pocket before approaching a payphone and dialing the only number he had memorized.

"Hello?"

"Dad, it's me. I made bail. Can you pick me up? My car is in police possession and my phone is dead so..." He trailed off embarrassingly. He hated asking for help. Especially from his father. Also with the high chance that he'll say no. Because he would.

He heard his father sigh through the phone.

"Yes. I'll be there. Stay put," He tells him before hanging up. So Eren sat at the same bench you did when you called your last resort and he waited.