twenty eight

A/N: this chapter is so crazy so all i can say is good luck because you WILL BE thrown off LMAO-ian :3

☆☆☆☆☆

 Eren drove quietly since he assumed I didn't want to talk about it. I'd rather talk about anything else, honestly. The sun set and the empty roads were illuminated by his headlights. He placed his hand on my knee and rubbed it with some offer of comfort.

I watched his scarred knuckles and placed my hand over his, caressing it in return, letting him know that I wasn't shutting him out. I sniffled, not crying at all yet. But it was chilly at night. I looked at him.

"Can we stop by my Dad's really quick? I figured since we were passing that I could pick up some shit I've been meaning to get," I tell him. He glanced at me before nodding.

"Yeah, of course," He tells me.

And after twenty minutes, Eren pulled into the driveway. I looked at him before getting out.

"I'll be quick. It's just a couple of things," I tell him. He looks at me with a small smile before nodding. I get out and approach the door before opening it since it was unlocked.

"Dad? I'm gonna pick some things up," I say aloud in the house before going upstairs and to my old room. I grab a couple of items of clothing and some skincare I've been meaning to get before putting it into a small bag in my room and leaving. I didn't see Dad anywhere so I assumed he probably wasn't home anyhow.

I locked the door before getting out and going back into Eren's car. I put the bag in the back seat before putting my seatbelt on. Eren looked at me.

"All set?" He asked me. I nod.

"Yeah. Thank you," I tell him before leaning in and giving him a kiss. He backs out of the driveway and we continue the drive back home.

We held hands casually as we drove down the highway. A car behind us kept its distance before picking up its speed. Eren eyed the rearview mirror, skeptical.

"Why is he being an asshole? Riding right fucking behind me," He says to no one in particular. I turned and looked at the car before blue and red lights started to illuminate through the back of the car. Eren's eyebrows creased.

"The fuck...?" He says under his breath. I sighed.

"Probably just bored cops wanting to pull someone over for some fun," I tell him. He sighed.

"Maybe." The car starts to slow down before Eren eventually pulls completely over on the side of the empty highway.

The cop car kept its lights on as the officer stepped out of the car, approaching Eren's side. Eren puts his window down and keeps his hands on the wheel, looking at the cop.

"Hey, how are we doing tonight?" The officer asked us as he shined a bright flashlight into the car.

"Fine. Wanna tell me why you pulled me over?" He asks the officer, a little impatient but still nice.

"Just a routine traffic stop is all. I ran your tags and they're all set. I just need your license and registration with insurance and you should be all set," He explains. Eren sighs before going into his pocket to grab his wallet. I went into the glove compartment in front of me and look for the papers, handing them to Eren before he grabbed it and handed it to the officer.

"Alright...I'm just gonna run this on the system and I'll have these back for you, okay?" He asks Eren. Eren nodded before he walked away and back into the car. We looked at each other.