seventeen

A/N: This is also a longer chapter so yay! I'm doing this because chapter 23 in a couple of weeks will be a shorter chapter so I'm trying to make up for it now LOL. Enjoy!- ian :3

✩✩✩✩✩

CW: physical assault

✩✩✩✩✩ 

I spent the night in my house since I was going to be on call for my mother these next couple of days that she's in the hospital. I hated it. I wanted to be in my apartment badly.

I woke up in my old room, my sheets still smelled of a fresh wash since I haven't been in here and slept in a while. I yawned before sitting up and checking my phone for the time. It was ten AM. So early...

I had one more day before everyone else came back from Odiha and we all went back to school. Today, I had off. Unless my mother asked me to come to the hospital. But judging from our last interaction alone, she probably doesn't want me near her.

I groaned before getting out of bed and going to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready for my day. I didn't unpack my duffle bag because I was going to leave anyway. No point in getting comfortable.

I headed downstairs with my phone in hand before flinching from the sight I saw. My eyebrows creased as I spotted Eren and Dad talking on the couch, laughing about something I cared nothing about. I watched them before reaching the bottom of the stairs.

They spotted me and smiled.

"You're up. Eren was just stopping by, waiting for you to get up since he was with you the entire time your mother was in labor. That's a good friend to have," Dad tells me. I hold a straight face before looking at Eren, who looked at me a little nervously as he watched my reaction.

"Yeah, well Eren wasn't supposed to be here. So what do you need?" I ask Eren. He stands up and approaches me, nervously chuckling.

"I wanted to check in on you. That's all. Come eat with me," He suggests. I roll my eyes before looking past him, at Dad.

"I'm leaving. Call me if you need anything," I agree to Eren's suggestion indirectly. He nods. I grab my coat before stepping out of the house, waiting for Eren to say his polite goodbye. He closes the door before looking at me, confused. I huff.

"You can't do that shit again. It's weird. Meet my dad when I say you can. Don't do it again," I scold him as I walked to his car. He chuckles before catching up to me, grabbing my wrist gently. I turn around.

"I didn't want to meet your dad. Not like I was desperate. I was waiting out here for you and I texted you but you never replied and he caught me out here. What did you want me to say? I'm a random waiting for his daughter in his driveway?" He asks me. I watch him.

"Why were you even waiting for me in my driveway? I was sleeping. What if I didn't want to hang out today?" I ask. He shrugs his shoulders.

"I dunno. I was hoping you said yeah. Luckily, it's hard to resist hanging out with me and here we are," He jokes with the same smirk. I huff before getting in his car.

He starts to drive the car when he gets inside. I connect my phone into his car's audio so I can play music. I scroll before finding a song that I feel we'd both like. I played 'Lost' by Frank Ocean. Eren glanced at me with an approving smile.

"Frank Ocean. Good choice," He tells me. I nod.

"Thank you. I only have the best music taste. Don't freak out too much," I sarcastically tell him. He chuckles.