nine

A/N: Get used to Colt. That's all I'm going to say :) - ian :3

✩✩✩✩✩

 The next day were classes. I was still kind of worn out and tired from the party and celebration of my birthday. I hadn't seen my dad yesterday. I was busy recovering. I think he called about it though.

I yawned as I went into history class. I approached my seat and sat down as I got things ready. I looked around and saw everyone settle down and sit in their respectable seats. I glanced to my right and Eren wasn't there. My eyebrows creased but before I could think about it, I heard the door slam in the front of the room and Professor Smith walked out, starting class.

I took notes alone and focused more than I ever have since starting this class with Eren. It was bizarre. I didn't think he was that much of a distraction when he was here.

 I chuckled to myself as I wrote things down on my laptop while looking out of the window to my left. The skies were gloomy and there was snowfall. So peaceful. I yawned again as I got a bit sleepy but I was determined to go through the class. I guess it was just more boring when Eren wasn't here.

I hadn't seen him since that night so I definitely think it's weird that I haven't seen him today in class.

After class, I took my time to put my layers on to prepare myself to step outside and walk amidst the snow. I sighed as I looked outside and took in the cold atmosphere. I took the time to look around before walking down the campus sidewalk. Mikasa was missing from where I can see. Usually, we meet up after I have this class.

I opted for the coffee shop instead since I hadn't seen anyone around. It felt weird. Like a ghost town of the friend group. Or maybe they're avoiding me. I'm overthinking it for sure.

I walk into the shop and the warm air hits me. I feel my ears, nose, and cheeks thaw out and the feeling came back to them. I sniffled before approaching the cashier and ordering coffee. I felt sluggish and I was counting down the days I would be on Thanksgiving break. I can't wait.

I sat down with my coffee and scrolled on my phone before spotting Mikasa in the corner of the shop with Jean. They spoke casually and I contemplated approaching them. I decided not to and drank my coffee. I sighed as I looked out of the window and watched the snowfall. I was zoning out completely. I'm tired. I'm going home.

I stood up and approached the door before I heard someone call out my name.

"Y/n. Why didn't you tell us you were here?" I hear Jean as he watches me by the door. I turn my head and stand near the door.

"I didn't see you guys. I'm just tired. I think I'm gonna get some sleep. What are you guys up to?" I ask them casually.

"Just talking. You sure you don't want to hang out?" He asks. I glance at Mikasa, who watches me with a sympathetic smile. I give her a small smile.

"No. It's fine. I gotta head out anyway," I reply. Mikasa observes me before looking at Jean. She looked conflicted.

"I'll go with her. See you later?" She asks Jean. Jean turns his head and looks at Mikasa, slightly confused. He sighs before nodding.

"Yeah," He replies shortly. Mikasa gets up and approaches me with a hug. I hug her back tightly before she rubbed my arm and walks out of the shop with me.

She walks me to the campus parking lot before hugging me again and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"You okay?" She asks me. I chuckled as I maintained eye contact with her.