twelve

I couldn't sleep last night since Eren's appearance. I wonder if by now, everyone knows he's back. I was tossing and turning. He already aggravated me before he even left and now that things were starting to ease into a friendship, he leaves without a care in the world. I'm surprised his friends still give a fuck about him after the dumb shit he pulls.

I'll be honest, I feel like I'm unreasonably mad. Not necessarily not justified. But I can't shake off why I was so angry. I think I have a right to be upset. Maybe not as much as I am now. But I can't decipher why I was so upset. I still can't.

Although, I do still stand on the fact that he can disregard his friends like that and feel like no one has the right to at least know he's safe. It was stupid. And concerning. And that pissed me off. Such a cool demeanor at the risk of worrying others? Not worth it. I'm starting to believe that maybe he just doesn't care for his friends as much as I thought he did.

I huffed, lost in thought as I sat with Mikasa in the coffee shop. She spoke mindlessly about Historia's party after I left but I couldn't seem to listen completely. Judging from her demeanor, she has no clue I saw Eren last night. Maybe he listened to me and went the fuck home when I told him to.

"You look like you want to kill someone. Are you okay? Did you sleep alright?" Mikasa starts pressing me with questions, her tone was worried. I blink before looking at her, snapping out of my trance of anger. I sighed before giving her a refreshing smile.

"Yeah. Sorry, I was lost in thought. Tell me the story again? Sorry," I apologize for not listening the first time. She chuckles, shaking her head gently.

"It's fine. The story was dumb anyway. What's got you so lost in thought? I thought you had a good time with Colt last night," Mikasa quizzes. I looked at her before looking at my drink that sat on the table, still.

"Yeah. Things with Colt are fine. It's just...Something pissed me off last night and I can't stop thinking about it. Maybe I'm sulking," I tell her, minimizing it so that she doesn't ask further questions about my source of anger. She nods before putting her cup down.

"Well, after all you went through with Colt, forgive him for it if it's stupid and small. You guys look...Cute together," She sounded a tad unsure. My eyebrows twitched before I looked at her. She gives me a small smile.

"What was that?" I ask.

"What was what?" She replies, acting oblivious on purpose. I squint skeptically at her response before nudging her.

"You have something you want to say. Say it," I press her calmly. She shakes her head, unconvincing.

"You're a horrible liar. Tell me. It's okay," I assure her. She puts her cup back down before sighing.

"You don't have to listen to me. Can I preface with that?" She asks. I huff before chuckling and nodding.

"Yes. Go ahead," I calmly give her permission to speak. She sighs again, glancing out of the window. She did a double take before she could open her mouth to speak. 

She shoved her seat back with the back of her legs, standing up suddenly as she stared out the window in surprise. I look at her with creased eyebrows before looking past her. I see Eren, casually walking on campus as if he wasn't absent.

Shit. Forgot that I had to act surprised.

I stood up with her as she turned to look at me. A shock on her face before she ran out of the coffee shop and ran to Eren. He faced away from her before she grabbed his shoulder and forcibly turned him around to confirm his face with her own eyes. I stood inside, quickly paying for the coffees before jogging out, keeping my distance.