twenty one

A/N: This one is a shorter chapter but I'm pretty sure chapter 23 is also a shorter chapter so im sorry in advance! but this is one of my favorite chapters so enjoy!-ian :3

CW: fighting

✩✩✩✩✩

I watched the sun slowly go down outside of the living room window as Mikasa and I snuggled, waiting for Eren to show up and join us. I yawned as I sat up. Mikasa watched me, a small smile on her face.

"So...Eren coming over. You want me to go to my room?" She asks. I scoff.

"No. We weren't planning on doing anything. I told him I was chilling with you anyway. He's expecting the two of us," I reply. She chuckles.

"Alright but if you guys start kissing then I'm leaving. Gross," She teases me. I chuckle as I hear a firm knock on the door. I stand up and approach the door and unlock it before opening it to see Eren standing and waiting for someone to open the door for him. He gave me a small smile before walking in.

"Alright, I'm here. What are we watching?" He asks Mikasa and I as he takes his shoes off and approaches the couch. I close the door and lock it before walking to the living room. I see Eren hug Mikasa before landing a kiss on the top of her head. I scoff.

"So Mika gets a greeting but not me? You getting shy, Jaeger?" I tease him. He looked at me with a comical straight face before I approached him as he stood in the middle of the room, still not settled in.

He opens his arms to me and I walk into them, hugging him. I looked up at him and he leaned down, giving me a discreet kiss. I chuckle as Mikasa gagged falsely.

I let him go as he took his jacket off and tossed it on the couch. I sat down next to Mikasa again as Eren took the other couch to lay on. His eyebrows creased.

"What are you guys watching?" He asks.

"A Walk To Remember. Such a classic," Mikasa replies. Eren groans.

"Put on something scary," He protests. I sigh.

"What? No. The movie's almost done. They're getting married now," She declines his request. He scoffs.

"Wake me up when it's over," He jokes as he turns his head to sleep more comfortably. I watched him for a moment before speaking.

"How was your mom? All good?" I ask him. He turns his head back to face Mikasa and I. Mikasa's eyebrows creased.

"You visited Mom today? How come I didn't know?" She asks him. He sits up and yawns.

"Yeah. It was last minute. Zeke stopped by and he was telling me something was up because they didn't let him visit. So I stopped by to see if things were fine; They are," He debriefs with us. I nod.

"Well, what is it?" Mikasa asks, a tang of concern in her voice.

"I can't say for now since shit is too fresh. But she's fine, I promise," Eren replies with some obscurity. I checked out of the conversation since I felt like it wasn't my place. Mikasa nods, reassured now. She leans back on the couch, a little more relaxed.

I looked back out at the window as the sun was peeking out now. I sighed.

"It's already March. It's getting warmer. What are we doing for Spring break?" I ask. Mikasa hums.

"I haven't thought of it. Wanna go on a trip?" She asks me. I shake my head.

"I'm broke. I gotta pick up extra shifts. Thanks for reminding me, actually," I tell her. She chuckles.