thirteen

A/N: I just want to thank you guys for the love this ff has gotten. I am grateful for any and all reads! I also read every comment and yall make me giggle LOL- ian :3

✩✩✩✩✩

 I hadn't talked to Eren much since the altercation with Colt. I hadn't talked to Colt at all. He hurt my feelings badly. I didn't think that I would be this affected by what he said to me but I also blame myself for neglecting him. Because I did. And I'm grown enough to acknowledge that. Maybe I strung him along and gave him false hope instead of being as straightforward as possible.

I was a little down about it. Because despite the crumbling status of Colt and I, he was someone I was used to being with. I had built a routine with him slowly but surely. And now that it's stripped from me, it's not like I'm codependent, but I'm just a little sad. Which honestly, I didn't expect. I didn't think I would feel this way. I guess I am just a big commitment phobe.

Maybe that's because I've seen firsthand that no matter how much you love each other, it ends. It always does. And that's also probably because of my annoying ass parents. It's definitely not common to say that love does not fix everything. It doesn't overpower commitment or loyalty or clear communication. Love is simply a product of the rest of the qualities of being in a relationship. Then why do we give love so much credit when it did nothing but exist? I don't think there will ever be someone in my life that will make me think: Love did this.

"My sister's birthday is next week. We're having this huge family vacation. You guys down to come? If you can," Historia drags me out of my somber thoughts as she asks the group a question. We sat at a large makeshift table in the coffee shop. I blink before looking at her.

"Where are you guys going?" I ask curiously. She takes a sip from her coffee before answering.

"Just to a resort by the shore. Odiha," She answers simply. Eren's eyebrows creased slightly.

"That's like three hours out of Marley," Eren tells her. Historia nods.

"Yeah, I know. That's not bad," She replies obliviously. The group sounds with scattered chuckles.

"A three hour drive from Marley to Odiha is already crazy but I think you're forgetting the part where we're in Paradis," Jean adds. Armin nods.

"That's like a five hour drive from Forks," Armin adds. Historia rolls her eyes.

"So? Have you guys never driven far distances? It's not bad with the right people. A nice road trip!" Historia gives us a silver lining.

"Maybe we'll sit this one out since it's a family vacation. Your family would probably want–"

"No. I can't stand them. I'll buy out like six rooms on a floor. Freida is the only reason I'm going. Don't turn me down. It's not an option," Historia interrupts Mikasa's mindfulness. We chuckled at Historia's passion and strong desire for us to come.

"Why can't you stand your dad?" I ask her curiously. Historia groans.

"Because he married my step-mom like right after him and my mom divorced and that bitch is like ten years older than me. Not too far off. Such a gold digger. And now my mom spends her time blowing her money on...Other things," Historia paraphrases, catching me up with what the group already knows. I nod slowly before deciding not to ask further questions.

"When are you guys going?" Sasha asks the blonde.

"Next Thursday. That's enough forewarning, right?" She asks the group. We all groan in dissatisfaction.

"What? What is it?" Historia asks between all the mutters and groans.

"We have a week to do our work for classes ahead of time. It feels like midterms all over again," Armin replies.