Chapter 4 : A New Beginning

*** An hour and a half later ***

Bruno had spoken to my dad after the gig and we all agreed that I would start off my possible singing career. Bruno gave me his mobile number, and i gave him mine. We were about to leave when Bruno got a phone call from his brother Eric, who said that he needed to come back to the hotel as he forgot his room key and Eric needed to go out. It was Friday night so Bruno said he would ring me in the morning. I obviously had to get a few photos with them before they left, but Bruno told me not to say anything to anyone outside of family that i was being signed by him. Yet he didn't tell me why. Bruno, Phil and Ari left the pub after leaving the band a £50 tip. I helped my dad pack up and I went to the car, realising that they had parked next to us, I waved them goodbye. On the way home my phone went off and I had recieved a message from Phil off of Bruno's phone, as he was driving.

"Sleeptight Hope, tomorrow your life is about to change ;) x"

What the heck did that mean?! I couldn't believe he even put a "x" at the end i mean, this is Bruno Mars who's texting me, well Phil really, but still?! Plus i'd just met my role models... I think my life has already changed, either way I went to bed a very, very happy girl.

*** The next morning ***

I wake up this morning kind of sad, i had the best dream ever last night! I met The Smeezingtons and they wanted to sign me, i go into the bathroom and get dressed for town with my friends. I check my phone and i notice something kind of unusual...

"12 new text messages, @brunomars followed you on instagram, @BrunoMars followed you on twitter" I rub my eyes and look again, wow, okay that wasn't a dream last night...

Bruno's P.O.V.

I couldn't get her voice out of my head last night. It was amazing, that performance, the emotion she put into that song reminded me of how I felt when I was going through everything that inspired me to write it. I looked at the time and it was 8:30. Oh Crap! I have to be in a little town called Festival Place in Basingstoke in 3 hours. I run to the shower, have a quick coffee from the Starbucks down the road and drive to Basingstoke.

When I get there, i see a crowd of people in the distance watching my band set up. I walk through town and through the crowd and get up on stage. 

"HELLO BASINGSTOKE!!! If you wait patiently we'll begin shortly."

Hope's P.O.V.

My mum drops me off in town with my best friends, Koren and Hollie, we were planning to meet the other 20 of our friends in town. We hear screaming and we run to the centre of town, half way there and i get a phone call.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Hope? This is Bruno"

"Oh my gosh, hi! How are you?"

"I'm good thanks, Hope do you live near Basingstoke?"

"I'm there now, in town actually. Why?"

"Do you mean Festival Place?"

"Yeah... What's going on???"

"Make your way to the centre."

And then he hangs up the phone, by this time, we'd met up with the rest of our friends, and we started walking towards the centre. I thought to myself, no way... Bruno wouldn't be here... I picked up the pace and ended up running towards the crowd. Koren screamed at the sight of Bruno and a lot of friends were joing in with the chanting, i just smiled and laughed.

"BASINGSTOKE!!"

Everyone was cheering and started shouting. Bruno ran on stage and noticed me almost immediately, he jumped off stage and made his way through the crowd and grabbed my hand, my friends were looking at me strangely but I just laughed. He dragged me on stage and introduced me to the ever-growing crowd. Now i realise what he meant by that text last night. Bruno was telling the audience about how I am now signed to his new record contract but apologised to my friends that I was forbidden to tell anyone. I knew that this was a new beginning for me...