Chapter 31 : Forget Me Not

"Jessica..."

"Hi Bruno"

"What the hell are you doing here?!"

"Be careful Bruno, do you really want a repeat of last time?"

"Babe, who's at the do-"

"Hello"

"Jessica"

"Where's the little one then?"

"Away from you. Just leave Jess."

"Ah, he doesn't know does he?"

"What?! What don't I know?"

"LEAVE!"

"Hahaha, looks like you've had the baby of a player Bruno"

I slam the door in her face and look at Hope, she has tears in her eyes.

"What was she talking about?"

"Ah. I. I need to show you something..."

"Bro! Where you at?"

"Be there in a second Phil"

I follow Hope into our room and she opens the wardrobe, she reaches to the back of it and pulls out a small wooden box. She hands it to me and starts crying. I open the box and I see a picture of Hope and Will, her boyfriend who died, it' s them kissing but the picture is blood stained and there's a small tear in the picture where Will's neck is.

"What the hell is this?"

"Look... At the picture... Below it."

I lift the next picture, it's a similar one of me and Hope smiling into the camera, this picture is also bloodstained and has another tear. Across my neck?!

"Hope... Why do you have this?"

"The day after the accident, I was given this box, with both pictures inside, I had seen the first picture before, about a month before Will had been killed. When I saw this, the same thing with you I couldn't bear to tell you, I didn't want anything to happen to you, so I buried it in the corner of my mind. I couldn't lose you too!"

Hope starts crying and I hug her, she weeps in my arms and I can't believe this. We forget about for the rest of the day and have fun with our friends and family. At the end of the day, when everyone has left, we put Winter to bed and talk about the pictures. We decide to go to the police in the morning and hand these in. We couldn't have this hanging over us like a dark cloud.

*** The Next Morning ***

"ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"HOPE?!"

"NOOOOO! PETER! PETER COME QUICKLY!"

I jump out of bed in an instant and run around the house. I turn into the nursery and see Hope with her back to me and kneeling on the floor.

"NO! PLEASE! PLEASE!"

"Hope?"

I walk up to her and stand over her. There she was, our baby girl, dead, in Hope's arms.

"WINTER!"

Hope is in tears, screaming on the floor. Holding the baby close to her and holding her tightly trying to wake her up. But it was no use. She was gone. I ring an ambulance and the doctor rushes to us. Within minutes they arrive and take Winter out of Hope's arms. They try and wake her too. Nothing. No response. Our baby girl was gone from us after 2 days with her.

"I'm so sorry, it's no use! She's dead."

"NO! SHE CAN'T BE!"

The ambulance takes us to the hospital where Winters body is taken for examination. Hope is crying non-stop. Tears rushing from my eyes and holding Hope close to me. After an hour or so of waiting, the doctor comes in to us and tells us what happened.

"I'm so sorry. Your daughter had a brain tuma, it was impossible to track during pregnancy and there was nothing you two could've done about it. I'm so sorry for your loss."

"It wasn't you that was targeted Bruno. It was what's closest to you. It was our baby. She's gone."

*** 9 months later ***

Hope's P.O.V.

Everyday it's difficult. There isn't one day that goes by where we don't think about Winter. Our families think about her all the time. It's difficult. Living without her. Even though we only had her for two days. She was our child. Bruno and I are getting her name tatooed onto us today. We get into his car and he drives into town, we go the back way through and reach 'Se7en' the tatoo parlour. Bruno gets his done first on the inside of his right arm. I got the same, 'Winter-Mai' written on the outside of my left foot. I had always wanted a tatoo there. Now I had one with meaning. After we had the tatoo done, we went to have grave and laid flowers down for her. Daises and Forget Me Nots. We'd lost the most special person in our lives and there was nothing we could do to bring her back. We took those photos to the police station and Jessica was arrested on suspicion of arsonism. It turned out she did set up the fire to the hotel. She was taken to jail and also diagnosed with a brain trauma, causing her strange behaviour. She wasn't really that way, it wasn't her. It was the demons inside of her. But too much had been lost already. Nothing could heal our wounds, Bruno and I had become closer than ever. He completely stopped smoking and changed his whole attitude of 'live fast and die young'. Music is our getaway and it's still what we love to do.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><> Sorry this chapter is quite short, I'm trying to think of how to differ it as apparently it is very similar to @brunomars_85 's so I'm trying to change mine up a little bit. If you guys like or dislike this route I'm taking in the story please let me know. I am open to constructive critism. Thanks :) <><><><><><><><><><><><><>