Chapter 10 : Again

Hope's P.O.V.

I'm in the mood for learning another song, one a bit more difficult than anything i'd tried before, I find some demo tracks of Bruno's unreleased music so I listen to a few, Press It, All She Knows and a beautiful song called Again. I walk out of my room and towards the keyboard on the landing. I listen to the song again and search a tutorial on Youtube to find the basics, I begin to play and sing it. I already love the song and continue to teach it to myself, i'll admit that the high notes are difficult to reach but I get there and play it to my parents. I record myself playing it on my camera once I perfect it and gathered that I would put it on Youtube. I upload it and myself playing When I Was Your Man. After 10 minutes or so of uploading the videos, Bruno rings me saying that we need to talk... Crap... Have I destroyed a song?! I ask him why we need to talk and he says he will come to my house and pick me up in an hour, then take me to London. I had already talked to my boyfriend and my parents said it was fine so I quickly get changed into my short, flowing, summery nude colour dress and put on some wedged sandals, I straighten my hair and wait for Bruno to pick me up. When he arrives I get into his car, he seems fine and we just sing to each other from songs on the radio while he drives me to London, when we get their we go into a studio. He walks me in and all the band are there. He directs me into the recording booth, and asks me to play and sing Again.

I walk to the piano and begin to play, I start singing and on the chorus Bruno and I sing together, his voice is unbelievable, oh my. He's so sexy! After we finshed the song everyone clapped and Bruno turned to me.

"Hey Hope, the reason I brought you here was because of your interview with O2."

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry if I said something wrong."

"No it's not that, it's when you said that you weren't allowed to say anything about a single"

"Oh Bruno, i'm so sorry, I had to think on my feet and that's the first thing that came into my mind..."

"I'm glad you said that, because it got us all thinking. We have started to write a song for you, but it's not completely finished yet."

"You're writing a song for me?!"

"Yeah. Would you like to hear it?"

"YES!!"

"Okay, sit down, this is how it goes..."

Bruno picked up his guitar and started playing, I couldn't believe he was writing a song for me. This is beyond belief. Bruno Mars and The Smeezingtons, writing me a song! What the hell has my life become?

Bruno's P.O.V.

So I'm playing this song that we had written for Hope and she seems to love it. When it's finished she stands up and begins clapping and cheering, when she walks into the booth, I play the song again and give her a lyric sheet, she begins singing and sings it perfectly straight away.

"You never seize to amaze me Hope..."

"What?!"

"You picked that up straight away. You just -"

"To be perfectly honest, I learnt every word to every song on your album in 2 days... I learn lyrics really quickly, and I learnt Again on my keyboard in a day."

"Really?"

"Yeah, but it's not that impressive. I mean, Phil. You're amazing. You just freestyle with lyrics and it's incredible!!"

"Thanks Hope! But seriously, Bruno's right, you have a gift girl! I can't believe you never had confidence until now."

"Aww thank you so much! But I think it was because I was always worried of someone laughing at me, or me making a mistake..."

"Hope, lemme give you some good old Bruno-advice... I've mucked up so many times on stage, more than I can remember, i've had my voice stop working and everything in my body so tired, that I've had to sleep between songs and supporting acts. But i'm only human, we all make mistakes sometimes, what makes us special is when we learn to live with them."

"Woah, Bruno you sounded like my nan..."

"Alright Phil, but is that helpful to you Hope?"

"You know what. I think it might be! But you did sound a bit melodramatic"

Everyone laughs, including myself and we begin to edit the song for Hope, just to perfect it. After all, we were planning to release it in a few weeks, but we couldn't tell her and stress her out too much.

*** 10 weeks Later ***

Hope's P.O.V.

So I have my first single out, Body, Bruno's been amazing, he's guided me through everything and especially him and Phil, but they've all become like my brothers. I have amazing support from my family and friends, my boyfriend loves my singing and when I saw him in August we had an amazing week together. But now I was in college and training to be a hairdresser. I had 3 days at college, so two days I was in the studio and making music with my boys, the other parts of the week, I study and practice hair styles. It's amazing to see how much my life has changed. I've reached over a million followers on Instagram, Youtube and Twitter. And i've uploaded about 30 videos of me doing covers and singles on youtube. I'm in love with life! I've changed a lot lately, my mum says i've gotten to the next stage. My voice has developed too, it's gotten a lot stronger and Bruno's taken me to so many events. I've been so busy but i'm always making time for my friends. I feel so lucky, I thought I would have lost friends and lost the people I care about, but, I haven't. Everyone is so supportive, i'm trying to convince Koren to come to the studio oncein a while with me, she has an amazing voice but her confidence is worse than mine. I do get the odd 'hate mail' every now and then, but I can't believe how lucky i've been.