Chapter 29 : Rehabilitation

All of a sudden Bruno sits up and hugs the baby! He realises that she's grown, but he's in so much pain. He groans and lies back down. Jess was at the hotel?! What the hell was she doing there?

"You must relax Mr Hernandez! You've had a drastic surgery and have been in a coma. I'm honestly surprised you're speech is reasonably normal."

"Haha, I'm not"

Bruno looks up at me and smiles, but the pain killers make him drousy and his smile soon turns to look of sadness and guilt as he see's the scars on my arms and leg.

"Don't look at me like that. Bruno I don't blame you for this, it's not your fault."

"Mhmmm..."

He sighs, and goes to hold his head. He freaks out feeling his afro gone. Replaced with stiches and bruising. It looked so much better than when I originally saw him, but it was still gruesome. He looked so sorry for himself and I bent down and kissed him, it was so good to feel him react and kiss me back. I missed him, I felt like I had nearly lost him. God had given him back to me. To the world.

"When you're speech has fully repaired itself, we can start to work on your walking."

"What?"

"Hope, Peter's legs have been still for 42 days. He may need to learn to walk again. I'm sorry."

Tears begin to run down my face, Bruno lifts his hand as a tear runs down his face as he touches mine. I nuzzeled into his familiar hand, it's warm and safe and homely. He's strong. He can do it. I stay with him every day, I go to the hospital and sit with him. His speech slowly returns to him, and I could see that he wants to sing. I don't even know what that'll be like when he's better. Will it completely return? The doctors say that his voice will be back to normal, but I have my doubts. Everyday when I see him I sing to him. One day I take his little ukulele to the hospital with me and sit on the bed next to him. As soon as I start playing he smiles.

"If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea, I'll sail the world, to find you!"

His eyes light up and he grins as he see's Phil walk in, then Jamareo, Dwayne, Kameron, everyone walking in one by one and singing to him.

"You can count on me, like 1 2 3 and I'll be there. And I know when I need it I can count on you like 4 3 2 and you'll be there, 'cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah. Ohh oh oh oh ohhhh, oh oh oh oh ohhhhhhhh."

"Thank... You..."

Bruno's speech was pretty much back to normal now, and his hair had started growing back. Gosh it grew quickly, the doctors were sending him to physiotherapy tomorrow as his body had repaired itself enough to learn again.

"Hey man! How've you been?"

"I've, been better"

"Haha. Yeah, sorry. Dumb question."

"Hahaha"

"Bruno, baby, are you okay to start walking tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow?"

"Yeah, the doctors said you're strong enough."

"Okay"

"She'd be proud of you ya know"

Bruno looks out of the window and into the sky, he knew I meant his mum. She would be proud of him, he's fighting for her, he's fighting for his daughter, he's fighting for his family, he's fighting for his friends, he's fighting for his fans but most importantly he's fighting for himself.

"I, hope so."

"You know she would be"

He smiles and grabs my hand, he kisses it and thanks all the guys for coming to see him.

*** 1 month later ***

"How does it feel babe? You finally get to go home!"

"I'm so happy. My legs are still soar, but i'm so happy to finally be going home with my girls!"

"We're happy too!"

"How much longer now? Until she's due?"

"I'm 29 weeks, so... Around 11 weeks."

"What's that, 3 months roughly?"

"Yeah about that"

"And then I can see her?"

"Aha, yeah!"

"Wow"

"C'mon, let's get you home."

I drive Bruno back home where his family and friends are waiting for him. Only those closest to him. He didn't need a fuss. I help him out of the car and grab his stuff from the boot of the car.

"Welcome home!"

Geronimo and Treasure bound up to him and greet him with licks and cuddles

"Hey there you two!"

"Shall we go inside?"

"Yeah"

I watch him as he hobbles in, his hair now a small afro mixed with The Whomp. I nicknamed it The Whompfro as that's what it basically looked like. Music started playing and he looked confused. I lead him inside and everyone was there to welcome him home, he had a tear in his eye but didn't cry. He was pretty much back to his usual self now. His body had healed and his bruises had nearly completely faded. He had not yet sang, as he was worried if his voice was strong enough. All day everyone stayed with him, he was basically in rehab at home.

Bruno's P.O.V.

The day was so good, I can't thank Hope enough for what she's done for me. When everyone leaves I decide to sing for her, I cleared my throat and grabbed my guitar.

"I spent all my money, bought a big, gold fancy car. For these bright eyed honeys, oh yeah, you know who you are. Keep me up 'till the sun is high, 'till the birds start callin' my name. I'm addicted and I don't know why, guess i've always been this way. All these roads, steer me wrong, but I still drive them all night long, all night long. All you young wild girls, you make a mess of me. Yeah you young wild girls, you'll be the death of me, the death of me. All you young wild girls, no matter what you do. Yeah you young wild girls, I always come back to you, come back to you."

Hope joins in and I let her sing the next verse.

"I get lost under these lights, I get lost in the words I say. Start believin' my own lies, like everything will be okay. Oh I still dream of simple life, boy meets girl, makes her his wife. But love don't exist when you live like this, that much I know, yes I know. All these roads steer me wrong, but I still drive them all night long, all night long."

Then we end up singing together.

"All you young wild girls you make a mess of me. Yeah you young wild girls, you'll be the death of me, the death of me. All you young wild girls, no matter what you do. Yeah you young wild girls, I always come back to you, come back to you- you- you-. You- you- you-. Yeah you- you- you-. You- you- you-. All you young wild girls you make a mess of me. Yeah you young wild girls, you'll be the death of me, the death of me. All you young wild girls, no matter what you do. Yeah you young wild girls, I always come back to you, come back to you-."

Hope's P.O.V.

It was like his voice never stopped, it was perfect. If not slightly improved, a break wouldn't have done it any harm and he sounds just as amazing as ever. The song sounded so plain and simple with just his guitar, a lot like a demo track. It was so beautiful and clean, his voice didn't even strain, when we finished the song, a tear fell from my right eye - a sign of happiness and I hugged him, he was fine. His life... Our lives, were back on track. Though I am confused as to why Jessica would have been at the hotel... She seemed fine earlier that day. Anyway, why would she want Winter? She's with Ryan, isn't she?