Chapter 5 : My first public appearance as Holly Louise

I looked up and shut my eyes. Just for a few seconds, I just wanted to know what it felt like to be cheered at. I looked at Bruno with tears in my eyes, my dream was coming true. He gave me a huge hug and said,

"Everyone this is Hope Louise, if anyone wants to find her or tweet her go to my any of my accounts and follow her from there."

Oh my goodness, this can't be real, I pinch myself and I don't wake up from this amazing experience. I felt like the luckiest person in the world.

Bruno's P.O.V.

Bless her, Hope is still young but she has a good head on her shoulders. I remember being in this situation, having gigs here, there and everywhere, trying to make a name for myself. I'm just happy that I can give back to my hooligans. It makes me feel like i'm doing something for them. I knew that Hope's voice was outstanding and I thought that if she was given the right songs, she would go far in the music industry.

"Hope, would you like to sing with me?"

"Are you serious? Do a duet?"

"Why not, let them hear your voice."

"Okay, but, what are we going to sing?"

"How about Grenade?"

"YES! I love that song"

"Good"

"How about we do a verse each, share the chorus and i'll harmonise you on the final bridge?"

"Looks like you've got some producing skill in you too!"

She smiled and I began to sing. The crowd went crazy, and I felt so proud when Hope joined in on the first chorus, it was like watching my niece go on stage for the first time. She was so good and I knew that we had stumbled upon something amazing.

Hope's P.O.V.

I can't believe what's going on, i'm standing on stage singing with flippin' Bruno Mars, Phil comes in on some harmonies and I join him, we just wink at each other and let Bruno serenade my friend Koren in the audience. Then it came to the bridge, I knew I could do this but I was so scared.

"If my body was on fire-"

I put every bit of emotion into that bridge, Bruno and I faced each other and we both finished the song on a high note. Bruno grabbed my hand and held it up. I was so happy I just began to cry. People were taking pictures and my friends looked so proud of me. I hugged Bruno, jumped off stage and hugged my friends. Once I composed myself I sent a text to Bruno saying that we'd gone off shopping but I would be back in an hour. I signalled to Phil that we were going shopping and he nodded and pointed to Bruno, i'm guessing he meant that he would tell him. As i walked around town with my friends people kept looking at me and whispering to whoever they were with. I got a little freaked out so I let my friends go on shopping and me and Koren went back to get some lunch and a coffee then continued to watch Bruno. He was nearly finished with his perfromance when he called me back on stage for one last song, this time by myself. I sang an acoustic version of Locked Out Of Heaven, featuring me and a piano. When I said "water" Bruno said a little "woo" and I laughed a bit inside. After this the crowd wanted more, I was so honoured. I decided to sing a faster and more club-like version of "Respect" and everyone seemed to love it, especially when I hit the really difficult high notes, even Bruno and Phil raised an eyebrow to my range.

After the performance Bruno thanked everyone for coming out and he said he would be taking photos and doing autographs for a bit, I went round the back of the stage to meet him and I took Koren with me. I introduced her to Bruno, Phil and the rest of the band, she was completely in awe with them and we got pictures all together, as Bruno's fans came for photos and autographs I waited with him as he wanted to talk to me. I turned round to talk to Koren for a bit and then i feel a tug at the bottom left corner of my vest-top, I looked down and saw a little boy and girl, probably only about 5 or 6 years old.

"Um, excuse-me miss, do you think we can have a picture with you?"

I looked up at Bruno who was smiling so sweetly at them and his adorable dimples showed.

"Of course you can sweetie, how about each of you either side of me?"

The kids came beside me and hugged me, their parents looked at them and their dad said,

"say cheese"

and we all smiled, the parents thanked me and the kids hugged me one last time and ran off.

"Well Hope, welcome to your first taste of fame."

Bruno is right, I just had my first taste of fame, and so far I am loving it.