Chapter 26 : SOMEBODY HELP US!

"BRUNO!!!"

He was lying there, bleeding. I don't know what the hell has happened, fueled by the adrenaline, I don't notice my own leg cut from a shard of broken glass.

"AH!"

When I do see it I freak out, I try and wake Bruno up but he's out for the count! I stumble off of the bed and rip the sheet, wrapping it around his head and trying to stop the bleeding, I check he's still breathing and thank the lord he is. I crawl along the floor, unable to walk because of my leg to the phone in the hotel room and call an ambulance, I then move to the door and try to open it. It's locked, from the outside?! I pull out a clip from my hair and unlock it, screaming for help! No one's coming, and there's a fire coming up the stairs?! I slam the door and block all the gaps with pillows and cushions. Why are we the only two in here? I grab Bruno by his arms and try and drag to the balcony where the windows are smashed. I wipe the glass out of the way, cutting my arms in the process, I scream out the windows, praying someone could here my calls!

"HELP! SOMEONE PLEASE, WE'RE STILL IN HERE!"

Tears begin to stream down my face as I see smoke slip through the door, easing it's way into our room. I see a fire engine in the hotel grounds, the whole place is on fire!

"HEEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPP!!! SOMEBODY! PLEASE HELP US!"

A fireman see's me waving frantically and sends five of his men to help us. The ambulance was now here, it seems that a few had been called out. The smoke gets thicker, and paces itself, slowly coming towards me and Bruno, I rip my nightdress and wrap it around his mouth and nose but loose enough so that he could still breathe. Using all my strength I flip him onto his stomach, holding his head and securing him in my arms, I lay down next to him, praying that we would survive. I start coughing as the smoke seeps it's way into our lungs. I remember oxygen fuels a fire, I grab the duvet and throw it over the curtain pole, tightening it at each end.

"Dear lord, please, if you can hear me now, help us! Please!"

I look down at where Winter lays inside me, in a deep sleep, dear lord please! I pray that Winter isn't harmed! I knew this smoke would affect her! Why weren't we taken out of the hotel if there's no one inside?

"HELLO? CAN ANYBODY HERE US?"

" cough WE'RE IN HERE! Please... please... help us... "

"HELLO? CAN ANYONE HEAR ME?"

" . . . "

"HELLO?!"

" . . . "