Chapter 9 : Wake-up call

Bruno's P.O.V.

I saw Hope fall to the floor and we all rushed over to her, I picked her up and carried her outside while her mum called an ambulance. I try and wake her up but she's out cold. I see a trickle of blood fall from her head to the floor and begin to panic. What if i've done this? What if I pushed her too hard and now she has to pay for it. Every possible negative outcome rushes through my head, I try and keep a brave face for her parents but inside i'm screaming. "Come on Hope! You have to wake up! Come on! I know that you can get yourself up! COME ON!" Then I see the ambulance come around the corner and they take her out of arms and place her in the ambulance. Her parents go with her and we follow the ambulance with Koren in the car to meet them at the hospital. Koren is crying in the back of the car and Eric is trying to calm her down. I have no idea what to think anymore. I've done some stupid things in my life, but what if i've... What if i've killed her...

*** An hour later ***

Hope's P.O.V.

"What's going on? Mum?!"

I see my mum sitting next to me with her head in her hands. She just looks up at me and grabs me so tight i'm not really sure if it's meant to be a hug.

"Are you okay hunny?"

"Yeah i'm fine. What happened?"

"Sweetie, you passed out after your performance. Bruno had to carry you to the ambulance."

"Wow, what a drama queen. Oh my gosh. Where is he? I need to thank him."

"He's outside with dad."

"And... Koren?"

"She's out there too. I think they've gone for something to eat."

"Mum, why didn't you go with them?"

"I had to stay and see when you woke up"

"Mum..."

"No, I know what you're going to ask. I don't want you performing!"

"NO!"

"Hope, i'm sorry but i can't have this being a regular occurance"

"IT WON'T BE! I DIDN'T LISTEN TO WHAT MY BODY NEEDED! IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN! I SWEAR!"

"I can't take that risk"

"YES YOU CAN! YOU CAN TRUST ME!"

"Hope-"

"NO. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE WANTED TO BE A SINGER. SINCE I WAS 5. 5 MUM! YOU CAN'T DO THIS"

I burst out crying and as my mum tried to comfort me, but I turn round and shut my eyes, then the monitor that was calculating my heart goes blank...

"Hope! Hope?! Are you okay"

I rub my eyes and blink, I see my mum and dad backstage next to me and I look around. I think my body just gave me a wake-up call. I walked on stage and thanked everyone for coming. I walked into Greggs and bought a load of food. I ate till I was completely stuffed and decided to go home and catch up on some sleep. On the way home I messaged my boyfriend asking if we could speak tomorrow and he said it was fine. Thinking about what happened earlier on, I realise that I really need to be careful. My body isn't use to all this moving about, camera's in my face and interviews. I went straight to bed and straight to sleep at 4 in the afternoon.