Chapter 23 : Bruno Baby-Daddy

Hope's P.O.V.

I am so excited! Today Bruno and I are going shopping for a crib, toys, clothes, baby things! He's being an absolute sweetie about it all, he's always talking to my bump and singing around me. Apparently it's good for the baby to hear music. Haha, it's gonna have to get used to that. We're building a spare room for the baby and are having pale shades of brown for the walls, laminate flooring and white ceiling. Bruno has created a little lullaby for her and he sings it to us every night. I'll admit it feels a bit strange having a little life inside of me. But I kind of like it, probably because I'm so happy. Yes, i'm scared as I'm still young and in a diificult position with the world tour coming up, but I think i'm going to go ahead with it, depending on how the pregnancy goes but she isn't due until next May, so I might have to postpone a few dates. I hear Bruno coming out of the bathroom and downstairs in a red tartan top - pretty sure it's the one from the lazy song video. And some balck ruffled jeans, he's got his All Stars on and his favourite fedora. I think it's boiling, so I go in my booty-shorts and flowing floral shirt with my hair naturally wavy and a fedora pushed to sit on the back of my head, just wearing my flat sandals, making me a tiny bit shorter than Bruno. I grab my bag and he grabs the car keys and we drive to the mall. It's almost like people expected us here, it's absolutely heaving and people wanting photos and autographs from every angle. We take aboiut 50 pictures each and do a crazy amount of autographs, when we finally get to the baby store, people look at us in shock. I hear people whispering.

"Why are they here?"

"Is she pregnant?!"

"Are they shopping?"

I couldn't help but laugh, for some reason, because we are known, we are not allowed to shop in a baby store. I mean, my bump is visible but I hoped no one would notice. We hear shouting from outside the store and guess what? Someone obviously told a magazine or two, or three, or four... Bruno and I try to ignore them, we pick out a few baby toys and a gorgeous little white cot, we take them to the till and pay, then the cashier tries to warn me.

"I'm guessing this is for your baby?"

"Yeah, but we don't really want anyone to know just yet... Is it really obvious?"

"Sweetie, you might want to walk with the wind and not against it, as it would only show you your bump."

"That's a good point actually. Bruno, if the wind changes, lemme know"

"Okay, I'll hold it in"

"Hahaha, thanks!"

"So, now we have to brace the papparazzi..."

"Yep, c'mon babe, it's okay."

"Anyway congratulations you two! You'll make great parents!"

"Thank you"

We walk out of the store and photos are being taken, crap, the wind goes against me, but I can't turn around now, so we walk against the wind and I hopelessly try to move my top so that the baby bump doesn't show. No surprises that it fails, Bruno tries to cover me up as we walk to his car. When we get back to the house we drop the bags in the lounge and switch on the TV, on E News there's photos of us livestreamed to the studio already. Giuliana Rancic and Ryan Seacrest are presenting it and talking about us. Great.

"Now Ryan, does Hope Louise look like she's trying to hide something here?"

"You know G, she does, these pictures have literally just been taken of the celebrity couple Bruno Mars and Hope Louise in Beverly Hills Mall."

"Our sources tell us that Holpe and Bruno were in a baby store, shopping for baby clothes and a cot?!"

"Yeah they were G! These pictures of them coming out of the store and Hope trying to cover herself are enough proof for me."

"So, is there a Mini Mars coming to Earth?"

"Nice..."

"See what I did there?"

"Yeah, brilliant Giuliana"

"Right... Anyway guys, tune in for more news as it comes!"

"Crap... Bruno, what happens now, is this it now. Everyone knows?!"

""Don't worry about it! Who cares what they say, remember?"

"I guess."

The next morning we wake up to us... Again... We decide to go out to the beach and chill, no surprises that people are looking at my baby bump. Maybe wearing the bikini wasn't such a good idea. The dog's come with us and provide some distraction thankfully. Treasure is huge now, and she's not even a year old. Poor Geronimo looks like a pug compared to her. They're such good dogs and a joy to be around.

"Baby, are you okay?"

"Ugh, yeah, sorry Bruno, I just wish people didn't look at us in such a strange way..."

" . . . "

"Bruno?"

" . . . "

I look down to where he's looking. I'm bleeding.