Chapter 21 : Baby Bruno?

Bruno's P.O.V.

"I'm late."

"What?"

"I was irregual a lot when I was a teenager but... My cycle sorted itself out when I was nearly 17 after losing the weight and coming off all my tablets. I should've started last Saturday!"

"What day is it today?"

"Friday"

"Oh my-"

"Bruno. What if? What if i'm pregnant?!"

"Well we don't know that for sure..."

"We had been using protection until last month. It's too conicidental!"

"Hope, we don't know-"

"I'M ONLY 18! I CAN'T HAVE A BABY?!"

"Hey, calm down, it's okay, i'm here."

She bursts out crying in my arms. What if Hope really is pregnant? Am I gonna be a dad?! I tried to calm her down.

"Hope. Baby, we'll go and get a test, it'll be fine!"

"Oh my gosh! I've been ill! That's not food poisoning! THAT'S MORNING SICKNESS!!!"

She was right, that was morning sickness, I remember my sisters going through that when were pregnant. Oh crap. What've I done?! I grab her hand and kneel down, she goes down with me. I embrace her in a huge hug while she cries over my shoulder. I kiss her forehead and lift her chin up.

"Hey, it's okay. I'll go and buy a test and you can check. Okay?"

"Alright..."

I sit Hope down on the sofa and turn on the TV, I grab my car keys and walk to the car. When I get to the store, I keep my hat low covering my face and pick up the most expensive pregnancy test I can find. I quickly scan it in a self-service checkout and put it in my coat pocket, a fan recognises me and asks for an autograph, i quickly sign it and their son asks what's in my pocket, I bend down to his level and say 'secrets' and he chuckles and wanders back off to the parent. You know what? Maybe being a dad wouldn't be so bad after all... I get back to the house to see Hope curled up on the floor crying with the TV on MTV's '16 And Pregnant'.

"Honey! Why are you watching this?"

"This is gonna be me! I'm gonna be disowned by my parents and hated by everyone!"

"No, no you're not, we don't even know if you're pregnant. Go on. Take the test."

She takes it from me and wipes her eyes. I hold her hand and walk her into the bathroom, it has three tests so she takes them all. 

"Baby?"

"Hold on, they're just drying."

I wait for her, sitting on the end of the bed, and she walks out of the toilet with a poker face.

"So?"

" . . . "

"Hope, c'mon. Tell me!"

" . . . It looks like we're going to be parents!"

"Really? I'm gonna be a dad?"

"Yeah"

She smiles and hugs me, we are having a baby.

"So what did it say?"

"Here, they all have a plus, which means they're all positive"

"We're having a baby!"

"Aha!"

"We should go to the doctors to check everything's okay!"

"Good plan!"

Hope and I get into the car and drive to the doctors surgery, we get seen quickly, away from prying eyes and I hold her hand as they do a small ultrasound.

"If you look there, that's the fetus, and at the moment he or she seems to be perfectly healthy, just remember to be sensible, don't smoke and don't drink!"

"Yes of course."

"What about me doc? Even if I smoke?"

"I would say, do not do it inside or around Hope, but if you must, it will not harm your baby."

"Oh, okay"

"Well congratulations, it looks like you two have a created a beautiful little life together."

"And that's for certain?"

"Definately!"

"Oh my goodness!"

"Would you like to keep these pictures?"

"Yeah please!"

Hope's P.O.V.

I looked up at Bruno with tears in my eyes, he was so enthusiastic about this! He wanted to keep the pictures! He leant down and kissed me as the doctor cleaned my abdomen. Bruno drove home and said something I will never forget!

"I'm going to quit!"

"What?"

"Yup, I'm going to quit smoking, I have a family now! I'm not putting you at risk!"

"Bruno, you'd do that... For us?"

"Yes"

I looked down at the little life growing inside of me.

"Hear that little one? Daddy's not going to smoke!"

When we got home, Bruno walked me inside, and grabbed my waist, he turned my round and bent down, he lifted my shirt and kissed my stomach. He got up and kissed my lips.

"I love you Hope"

"I love you too Bruno!"

So that's it, we're having a baby! We still haven't decided on names but it's the topic of each and every conversation, the next job is telling everyone, but we are planning to wait until we know the sex of the baby.

*** 12 weeks later ***

Bruno's  P.O.V.

So today's the day. Hope and I get to find out the gender of our baby. It's starting to form a little bump inside her, but thank fully it only looks like she's getting fat, so that's been in the papers a bit... 'Hope Louise, getting fat' and that sort of thing. But she laughs it off, we are currently driving to the hospital and we are so excited.

"So Bruno? Let's verify the names."

"If it's a boy, he will be-"

"Peter Luca Hernandez"

"And if it's a girl-"

"See we can't decide on girl names."

"That's a difficult one... What names have you liked for a girl?"

"Honestly, I've always liked Winter-Mai"

"That's beautiful! Why didn't you ever tell me?"

"Because the people I did tell find it stupid..."

"Well I love it!"

"Okay, so a boy will be Peter Luca Hernandez. And for a Girl it will be Winter-Mai Bernadette Hernandez"

"Bernadette?"

"Yeah, I kinda slid that in there in memory of your mum"

"Are you sure you're okay with that?"

"Of course I am!"

"Thank you"

"Don't mention it babe"

When we arrive at the hospital we are recognised but are usherd through to a private waiting room, when the doctor arrives, I hold Hope's hand and she has the ultrasound done.

"Okay, this here is your baby's head, and then the arms and feet."

"It's so sweet!"

"Now, we are able to determine the sex at this stage. Would you like to know?"

"YES!"

We look at each other and laugh, we say it at exactly the same time.

"Congratulations, you are having a..."