Chapter 13 : The Grammy's 2014 - preparation

*** 2 months later ***

Hope P.O.V.

Well now i'm sitting in a hotel room in the four seasons in L.A. which, still seems crazy to me... My parents are still in England, and my boyfriend is back at University, my friends are continuing with college and i'm waiting for my stylist, Jenna, to help me collect my dress for my appearance at The Grammys! It doesn't seem real, Bruno and I am going to meet up later for lunch before we go to the awards but i just look out of the window and see the sun blazing and people shopping in Gucci and Louis Vuitton etc... Jenna knocks on the door and I answer it to her holding debit cards.

"You're just jealous 'cause i'm young and I got a debit card-"

We both laugh at her quoting Bruno's Saturday Night Live performance of 'Haters'. Jenna grabs my bag and walks out the door of my hotel room, I quickly slip on my new wedges and run out after her. I grab my bag to hear my phone go off. Bruno had texted me asking if we could meet up at 1 ish and I text back that it was fine, it's about 11 now so we don't have long to shop. We walk into the dress designers, only Azzedine Allaïa?! Jenna sits down as he pulls me into a changing room, he passes me this stunning dress and I slip it on. He also gives me a pair of shoes, earrings and necklace.

"Come on H! We haven't got all day."

I walk out of the little room into the open space where only Jenna and the designer can see me. I look at Jenna and laugh as her jaw drops, I look in the mirror to see myself in a knee length dress with a floor length train, which begins at my hips, conjoined to the skirt half and gradually gets longer and longer, it is a pale yellow, with black outlining my waist and triangularly goes upwards to my ribcage. It is strapless and presents me as the young, feminine singer that I am. The whole dress is made of thin cotten with a sheath of pale, opaque, yellow fabric underneath. My shoes are black, sparkled heels, about 2 - 3 inches high and make my legs look extremely long. The earrings are long, black, thin diamonds and the necklace is like a choker, but with the diamond on it too. I thank Azzedine and we pay and leave the designers. We go back to the hotel and drop off the dress, shoes and jewellery. Jenna explains that she will take the clothing to the waiting area where I need to get changed before the awards. So I put on my tie up, blue top which ties up under my boobs, you know, it helps when you're trying to tan. I have my black highwaisted shorts and nude wedges and go outside to meet Bruno.

"Hey Hope!"

"Hey Bruno!"

He greets me with a hug and we walk to the coffee shop that we always go to.

"What have you been up to then?"

"Jenna and I just got my dress for this evening"

"Really?"

"Yeah. What about you, do you have your outfit yet?"

"Urm, no... I was hoping you could help me pick something out..."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah!"

"That is so cool! You know, I can do your hair for you if you want?"

"Haha, don't push it. Phil and Jamareo are meeting us here in twenty minutes or so, so we can just wait here and then head off to some stores."

"Okay, that sounds good, i'll have a look at some clothing that I will think suit you..."

"I feel that I should be worried?!"

"Really Bruno, do you not trust me at all?"

"Well, you know, we've worn pink suits before -"

"So it can't get much worse can it"

"Okay smart-ass, come on. Let's go and meet the others..."

We stand up as a waitress collects our glasses and Phil comes up to us. He explains that Jamareo is meeting his niece so I just had to go off with Phil and Bruno. We walk into multiple stores and I see some simple yet interesting suits in the window. I drag them inside and make them try them on. As they walk out my jaw drops, they look so good! Bruno in a light, bold blue jacket, with a black top underneath with black trousers and black and white shoes, he is planning to let the afro loose so I thought it would match. Phil and the rest of the band will be dressed in dark and bold blue jackets with the same trousers, shirts and shoes. Phil loves it and to be perfectly honest, they look pretty hot.

"Woah, you both look... Wow..."

"So you're the speechless one now then"

"Haha, yes Bruno it would seem so"

Phil and Bruno ring the band and within 30 minutes, everyone is here and buying the suits. We walk around the streets for a while until we had to go to the the hotel room where we get changed into our outfits for the evening. I use the room next to Bruno and I get changed into my dress and shoes, a make-up artist and hair stylist come into my room and my make-up ends up as a smokey, black eyeshadow with a hint of yellow and blackeyeliner and mascara which brought out the grey of my eyes. I'll admit that i'm in love with the dress and just being in it made me feel amazing, I had continued to lose weight to fit into society's idea of beautiful but I didn't allow myself to become 'super skinny' as I wasn't comfortable like that. My hair stylist comes over to me and explains what look he is going for.

"I think we need to have you looking sharp and proper, to make you look like you mean business."

"I appreciate that Miles, I really do, but, I was hoping I could have something, more... Me? Just because I want everything to replicate myself and show what i'm about, i'm not an all prim and proper British girl. I'm a bit, unorthodox. I don't plan to set on one genre of music and I want my look to portray that..."

"I never thought I would agree to an alternative. But you are the star my dear, your wish is my command."

Miles is a really good hairdresser. He has become a really good friend and we have a bit of banter between us. He styles my hair perfectly; now that it is long he straightened it and back combed it, then pulled it into a loose bun that sits firmly on the top of my head and with thick, straight strands of hair framing my face, it complements my dress and I love it. It replicates me to the best amount, not too much like i'm trying to be someone else, but just enough so that I can present my own style. He sprays my hair to keep it in place and puts some sparkly stuff on it, I have no idea what it was for but apparently, when I walk into or through light, my hair would glisten, it sounds cool so I just go along with it.

knock knock

"Hello?"

"It's yo' boys!"

"Hey! Come in guys"

I get up out of the seat as the band walk into my room and pose in front of the door, all of them in their suits lookin' mighty fine, I couldn't believe how good they look. When they realise that i'm dressed up they begin to wolf whistle at me. I just laugh and start doing a model cat walk through the huge hotel room towards them. We all talk for a while, and the guys get their hair done.

"Come on then you..."

"What?"

"Do my afro!"

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, why not..."

"Ahhh! Bruno. You will like it, I swear."

I begin playing with Bruno's hair and fluffing it and teasing it out. I decide to have a bit of fun in my posh British accent.

"So, Master Peter, how is it that one would like thou's doo?"

"One would like thou's expertise on... Poofing"

"Oh yes sir, good choice, I am partial to the odd... Poof..."

We just laugh and I comb the puff. I had put on a little apron thingy so I didn't damage the dress and I was surprised at how big Bruno's afro was. I knew it was large, but this was like, unbelievable. When I finish and pass him the mirror, it is a sigh of relief on his face as he lets his hair out to play. I knew that he liked 'The Whomp' but I thought it would only be fair to let this look have a little fame. We all walk out the hotel door with dozens of body guards making around us sure no one could see us.