Chapter 20 : In Sickness And In Health

It's Summer 2015. Bruno and I have been together for just over a year. Honestly, it's been the best year of my life. I still live with Bruno and we are so happy happy together. I've been feeling a bit ill lately and he's been there for me when possible. I have been on a UK tour, which took up the first 6 months of the year, and in September I kick off 'One Word' my world tour, Bruno has released a brand new single and is currently in the middle of creating his third album. Our celebrity name has stuck and he still finds it funny... We have decided to go on holiday for a week. We want to go to Kenya to experience a safari and spend some time with a tribe. I just hope I feel better by the time we are due to leave. Bruno said it seems like i've got food poisoning. We did go to a restaurant where the chicken looked a bit pink, so I'm sure it's that. I return to my bed on the sofa and turn on the TV. bruno is taking a day out of recording to look after me and he spends the whole day with me, he's so sweet. He cooks my dinner and runs me baths. He's been like my slave.

"Babe, thank you for doing all this."

"Hope, don't thank me, I have to look after you!"

"I'm a big girl. I can look after myself"

"No you can't. Admit that you like me waiting on your every word."

"Okay, maybe I like being looked after, but you should be in the studio!"

"I'm not going to leave you!"

"Just go for the afternoon!"

"No"

"Please? If I need you i'll call you but I want you to go out and be with your mates."

"Hope"

"Bruno"

"Hope..."

"Peter. Go! Please, I can't deal with you here I feel so useless and I don't like the thought of you missing out on your record deadline because you're looking after a bedridden lump!"

"Oi now, you're not a bedridden lump! You're my bedridden lump"

"EXACTLY!"

"C'mon babe-"

"No. Please, i'm begging you! Just go!"

I start crying for no reason, I'm so stressed over nothing and Bruno can see that i'm upset. He kisses my head and walks out, grabbing his car keys on the way out. I see him get into the car and I continuously cry.

"Bruno, I'm sorry! Please don't go! Bruno!"

I hear my phone go off and I lean across the table to grab it. The message is from Bruno 'I'll be back in an hour. I love you :* x' I reply to him with a simple 'Thank you <3' and I hear his car leave our road. I already feel bad, sending him out of his own house when he was only trying to make me feel better. But I just decide to sleep until he's home, I hate being away from him.

"Baby? I'm home."

" . . . "

"Honey?"

" . . . "

Bruno's P.O.V.

I can't hear Hope anywhere, I check on the sofa and she's not there.

"B- Bruno?"

I hear her call me from around the corner and I sprint there, calling for her and looking in every room. I turn into the bathroom and see her throwing up... A lot. I rush up behind her and hold her hair out of her face. She tries to talk to me but everytime she opens her mouth she vomits.

"I'm... Sorry..."

"Shusssshhhhh, hey, it's okay, don't speak"

I rub her back and she murmurs, I pat it instead and she nods, bless her. That must've been some bad chicken she ate last night. It should pass in a couple of days.

*** 1 week later ***

Hope's P.O.V.

My 'food poisoning' has cleared up a lot now, and once again Bruno has been an absolute sweetheart, looking after me and yeah, he's still my slave. #whipped hahaha. I walk to the calendar to see if we have any plans today. Bruno is out at the moment but should be back soon. I see an asterix I had marked on the calendar. I realise something is wrong and I rush to the toilet in a hot flush. I go to the toilet and hear Bruno come through the door as I flush it.

"Hi babe how wa-"

I look at him red and flustered, panicked and looking like I had just seen a ghost.

"Hope. What's happened?!"

"I'm late."