Chapter 1

Trigger Warnings: human trafficking; abuse; rape; mutilation

Tori

I squinted up at the bright light. I could hear voices and background noise but the spotlight made it impossible to see past the edge of the stage. A woman's voice came over the speaker. "Next up we have a special treat for our best customers. Seventeen years old, Japanese-American, clean canvas, and best of all a virgin! Twenty-four hours to ruin her for the rest of the world, bidder! The bidding starts at one million."

Numbers began ringing out as tears ran down my face and I tried to cover my scantily clad body. I wanted to scream for help, but I knew none would come. My family was dead and I was lost to a world of madness.

"The winning bid is six million dollars to the gentleman in the white suit! Please come to the podium to pay for your purchase," the speaker announced and I was quickly shuffled off the stage. A thin robe was thrown over my shoulders as an older woman led me to a small room.

A kind-looking man wearing a doctor's coat came in and smiled, "Hello sweetheart. I'm going to put a tracker in you so that we make sure to bring you home, sí?" She blinked in confusion as he inserted a needle in her arm and pushed the plunger. The man looked at a screen and smiled, "There you go, safe and sound."

"Tori," I whispered. "M...my name is Tori."

He smiled and patted my shoulder, "I'm honored to meet you, Tori. I'm Dr. Ortega, but you can just call me Doc."

"Th...thank you, sir, um, Doc," I stammered. He gave me a look I didn't understand until later, then left me alone with the woman again.

****

I screamed again as the man whipped me. "Oh, you are just exquisite aren't you, my little whore. You're dripping wet and I haven't even touched your sweet cunt."

I drifted in and out of consciousness as he flayed my skin. When the first orgasm ripped through me, I didn't understand what it was, but it made me feel a sense of euphoria and it numbed the pain of his torture. He took my virginity that night, and he awakened something inside me I didn't understand and was ashamed of.

I don't remember being returned to the compound. Days later when I finally regained consciousness, Doc told me I'd had surgery to repair some of the damage the man did, and I would likely need more.

"Tori, honey, I need to talk to you about what happened," Doc said, squeezing my hand. He sat next to me on a low stool. I couldn't lay on my back and the table had one of those cutout shapes so that I could breathe face down. "Sweetheart, you um, had some fairly severe damage to your uterus. I did what I could to minimize the damage, but there is a real chance you might not be able to carry a child. I'm so sorry, sweetheart." I sobbed and sobbed as he tried to comfort me. I don't know why I was crying. Why would I ever want to bring a child into this world? They would just be used and abused like me. I'm nothing but a dollar sign to these monsters, and maybe now, I'm not even that.

I wish I had just died. At least then I could see my family again. Instead, I'm stuck in hell.

Author's Notes:  I know some of my readers are not fond of the dark paths I take, but I won't sugarcoat what Tori experiences.  Her journey is a reflection of what millions of young girls across the globe face when being trafficked, and it is a mild representation at that.

Please comment, vote, share, and follow!