Chapter 47

Silas

My family had welcomed us all with open arms. I'd even managed to get my ligi agapi into the ocean a few times. She loved the way the sand felt and the water lapped over her feet, but the crashing waves unnerved her. Currently, we were on the beach, a small fire burning, eating outside enjoying the warm breeze. She was curled up in Gabe's arms reading a book.

"Ligi agapi, what would you think about living here?" I asked her.

"But what about the villa and Kota's mom?" she asked, leaning up on her elbow. "Then there's Mattie and her family..."

"We can still visit them or they can even come here," Kota replied. "We thought a fresh start might be nice for all of us. The estate is large enough for all of us, and most of us work remotely anyhow, so that isn't an issue."

She seemed to ponder the idea, a small frown crossing her face. "What is it, Belle" Gabe asked her.

"I feel like I'm nothing but trouble for all of you. First I uproot your lives in the States, now you are walking away from the life you built in Mexico for me. I'm not worth it," she whispered, her eyes brimming with tears.

Gabe tilted her chin up, "Don't ever say that again, ma cherie. You are worth everything, and it isn't just a fresh start for you, but for us also. I'm not sure I could stay in Mexico. The memories are too much - losing you, seeing Luke hurt...I just can't."

"He's right, Tori," I agreed. "I know we have family and friends there, but you aren't the only reason we want to try somewhere else. We all need a fresh start, and we want that with you, baby."

"What if I want more?"

Nate leaned up, "What are you thinking, Tori?"

She let out a sigh, "I want to finish school. I don't want to always have to rely on all of you to take care of me. I want to learn, to have a career."

"I think that's wonderful, love. Do you know what kind of career you would like to pursue?" Owen asked.

She gave a shy look at Sean. "Nursing. It's what I wanted to do when I was in high school. I even took a few honors classes working with a local clinic before..."

"I think you'd be an amazing nurse, little bird," Sean said, giving her a grin. "Maybe when you graduate, we could even open a small practice here in Greece."

Her eyes lit up, "That would be perfect!"

Victor

"Hey, Owen, do you have a few minutes?"

"Sure."

I sat down in front of the computer and pulled a chair for him to sit with me. "I found something, and um, I'm not sure how to tell Tori." I pulled up the screens and gave him a minute to digest what I'd found.

"Are you sure?" He gaped, looking at the documents.

"Yeah. I even had Uncle reach out to the attorney and verify the documents in person along with Corey and Raven."

"I think we should talk to her in private. Let her decide what she wants without everyone around first," he suggested.

"Okay."

Later that afternoon, we brought her into the study and Owen held her hand as I explained what I'd found. She made a choking sound, "Are you serious? He left...I have...what the hell!"

"Tori, just take a breath. No one expects you to do anything. Owen and I wanted you to know and make your own decisions without pressure," I told her.

"The man who tortured, raped, and kidnapped me also left me millions unintentionally. How the fuck am I supposed to process that, Victor? It feels like I've been bought and paid for all over again," she sobbed.

I knelt before her, "Cuore mio don't think of it that way. If you don't want the money, give it away, or use it for good."

Her head popped up, "What did you say?"

"Um, I said give it away or use it for good."

She threw her arms around my neck, squeezing tightly, "You're a genius, Victor!" She broke out in giggles much to our confusion.

"Tori, can you let us in on what is so funny?" Owen asked.

"I don't want the money, but I don't want it to go back into drugs and guns. I want it to make a difference. I want to create a fund in my brother's name, like a scholarship fund or something. I also want to use some of it to fight human trafficking. I'm going to use that bastard's money to stop the very evil he thrived on." Her face was pure determination as she spoke in a confident voice. This was our Tori clawing back to the surface.

I gave her a kiss, "Kota, Owen, and I can help you set those up. We can make them into interest drawing accounts so they last longer and can help more people for a much longer time."

She gave us both a genuine smile, "Thank you."

Author's Notes:  The end of our story is near, my lovelies.