Chapter 26

Tori

"Where's my niece?" I demanded.

"Her Daddy Bunny took her to the gardens," Mattie laughed as she nursed Sophia. "She wanted to pick flowers for her Daddy Nova."

"How's he doing?" I asked, sitting on the sofa next to her.

She sighed, "It's going to be a long road, but he's getting better every day. Sean found some great physical and cognitive therapists for him. We just have to be patient."

The day she'd gone into labor was a madhouse. When they disconnected the vent Marc had flatlined, then after her scream and water breaking his heart started. Emilio jokes she's better than a defibrillator. However, that was just the beginning for all of them. With her being so stressed and underweight, the delivery was long and difficult. Marc hadn't woken up fully for another two days, and even then, there were effects from the blast and long-term coma. His memory was spotty and he had lost most of the events a few days before and during the explosion - not sure that wasn't a blessing really. He was going to need long-term therapy for the lack of using his muscles, as well as memory issues.

But he remembered her and the rest of his family. The day she was wheeled in with the new baby in her arms his eyes lit up. Since then, he'd been a man on a mission to get back to his new normal.

"So what has your family decided?" Mattie asked as she burped Sofia, then handed the sleeping bundle to me. She was a beautiful baby and I nuzzled our noses as I sighed.

"For now, the guys are looking at some land near your grandfather's compound. I have a sneaky feeling we're going to become extended family someday," I giggled. "Your grandfather and the boy's uncle had a 'talk' with Kota about his mom. I thought he was going to faint."

"Really?" she gaped.

"Yeah, apparently she's decided to move in with Alberto and so is Uncle. Both men say they're madly in love with her. Sean and Owen suggested the family buy a place here since they say they really don't have a reason to return to Charleston if Erica and Uncle are here." I gave her a big grin, "And they asked me to move in with them."

She smiled then pouted, "I'm going to miss you."

I patted her hand, "I know, but we won't be that far apart. Can you imagine if they had wanted me to go to America with them?" She laughed and we talked about baby things and our men until Gabriel's familiar voice met my ears.

"I'd love to see you holding one of our children like that, Belle," he cooed as he wrapped his arm over my shoulder and tickled Sophia's nose. I felt my stomach clench and I must have frowned. Mattie gave me a knowing look and took the baby as she headed out of the room. "What did I say wrong, Tori?"

My eyes were blurred with tears when he lifted my chin. "I...I have scarring from the first time. I might not be able...to have babies," I stammered.

He cupped my chin and gave me a soft smile, "Oh my Belle, whether it is biological or not, I want children with you. If you can't carry one, then we can adopt."

"I should have told all of you before now. I just never thought about it until you said something," I admitted.

"None of them will be upset. Remember, Sean was adopted, and all of us had rough childhoods. We know family is a choice and that includes choosing to adopt," he said, then pulled me into a fierce kiss. He suddenly pulled me back and gave me a wicked grin, "But that doesn't mean we can't practice...a lot."

"Blue eyes, you're absolutely insatiable," I groaned remembering that morning with him and Luke.

He nipped at my ear, "And you love it, just like I love you, Tori."

"I love you too, Gabriel."

Author's Notes:  ...and here is where the overlap ends and the new adventures begin, my lovelies!