Chapter 14

Trigger Warnings: abuse, forced drug use, assault

Tori

I came around the corner of the kitchen and ran face-first into Carlos. "Sorry, sir," I said, quickly backing up, but he reached out and grabbed my arm, squeezing tightly.

"Wrong name, whore," he grumbled, pulling me closer. I could smell the whisky on his breath and shivered. "Say it right or I'll put you on your knees and remind you in front of the entire staff."

"Sorry, Master. Please forgive me," I whispered, bowing my head.

He scoffed, "Working for the Reina has made you pathetic, whore." I noticed the way he emphasized her title with disgust. "Don't worry, she can't protect you forever, especially in her fragile state. It would be such a shame to see her hurt, but you could stop that, couldn't you, Tori?" His hand gripped my hair and yanked it back, forcing me to look at his face. "Unless you want your precious friend hurt, come to my chambers tonight. If you're a really good little whore, I might even make you cum after your punishment."

"You, you can't do that," I stammered. "Mr. Cardoza would kill you if you hurt her."

Carlos laughed, spittle flying in my face, "Do you really think he can stop me? The men see how weak she's made him. They'll follow me, just as they should. Matter of fact, let's not wait until this evening." He turned and began dragging me down the hall to his room as I tried to pry his hands from my hair. I scratched at his hands and arms and he roared, "Fucking bitch," then let me go, slapping me across the face.

I went flying to the ground and scrambled back, trying to find an escape, but he was quicker. His hand went around my throat and he slammed me against the heavy door, my head bouncing off it. I felt dizzy as I tried to get away, but it was useless. Carlos was almost three times my size and in his intoxicated state, he would end up killing me the more I struggled. I yelped when I felt a sting in my neck.

"That will fucking calm you down," he muttered. I slid to the floor as he let go of my neck. The hallway felt like it was tilting sideways and then my eyes closed.

****

I grunted as I felt my arms being tugged upward, the familiar sting of metal on my wrists. My ankles were spread apart and my toes barely skimmed the floor. "Fuck, you look good like that slave," Carlos slurred. "Let's paint, shall we?" I heard the whistle of the whip before it kissed my skin. There's this odd moment between the contact and the flood of pain across your back. In that brief moment, you feel bliss, then it's like your flesh is being stripped from your body in slow motion. My scream filled the room as the second lash landed. I started to pass out from the pain until Carlos threw whisky on my back, snapping me away.

"Not this time, whore. You get to stay awake for all of it. I want to make you feel everything tonight." He sneered, "When we finish this part, I'm going to fuck you raw as I carve my name on your body. No one will be able to deny me of my property then."

I heard the door open and in my daze, I couldn't make out the voices. My head fell to the side and I jolted when Carlos smacked my ass on one of the many lash marks. Then suddenly, I was falling and strong arms caught me. "Oh, little bird," Sean's voice sounded so sad. Why is he sad? I heard Owen say something about Mattie just before everything went dark.  

Author's Notes:  :(