Chapter 15

Luke

The moment I stepped into the compound, I made a beeline to her room. I was concerned about Mattie's disappearance of course, but I needed to see our girl - to know she was going to be okay. I don't think I've ever wanted to kill someone before now. Gently opening her bedroom door, I stepped inside the darkened room and silently moved toward the bed. Her hair was strewn all over the pillow as her breath came through her slightly parted lips. Fuck, even with a bruised face, she was gorgeous. I sat down on the edge of the bed, trying not to disturb her.

"I smell chocolate on you, Kisses," she grumbled and winced as she tried to move.

"Hey, just lay still, beautiful. I'm sorry I woke you," I told her.

"It's okay, all I ever do is sleep. It's boring as fuck." A slight smile parted her lips and I reached out to touch her face carefully. "Not quite as pretty as last time you saw me," she grimaced.

"You look beautiful all the time to me, Tori," I said softly. Leaning forward, I pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. "Are you allowed out of bed, or would you rather meet the guys here?"

Her eyes opened wider, "Oh shit, you're all really here."

"Yeah, and a few bombshells along the way. Turns out Mattie's Nova is Emilio's long-lost little brother," I snorted, "One giant dysfunctional family." Tori frowned and muttered something to herself. "Hey, what was that look for?"

"He...he's not like him, is he? I mean, he won't hurt her like Emilio used to," she squeaked.

Now it was my turn to frown. "No, beautiful, Marc loves her and would never harm her. He's not a part of the cartel, well not yet I suppose. Honestly, I have no idea how it will all work out, but he won't hurt her." She seemed to relax at my words. "So here or there?"

"You might want to ask my warden," she giggled. "Are you all as overprotective as Owen?"

I raised my eyebrow and chuckled, "Well, usually that overprotectiveness is reserved for my little brother, North, but apparently you bring out the primal side of our fearless leader." That made her giggle more, then she winced. "I think you should stay in bed. Let me get someone that would love to help comb your hair and help you freshen up. He's the perfect person."

"Uh, okay."

I darted back down the hall and grabbed Gabe's arm, making him jump. "What the fuck, Luke? You scared the shit out of me!"

"Oh, come on, it wasn't that bad, besides, I have a little side mission for you," I smiled and he quirked his lips, then followed me back to Tori's room. I knocked softly.

"Come on in, Kisses. I'm decent," her voice came through the door. Gabe's eyes looked like saucers as he gulped.

I pushed the door open and him inside. "Tori, this is Gabe. Gabe, this is Tori."

"Woah, what is it with you guys and the eyes," she muttered. "Hey, baby blues!"

"Um, hi," Gabe said meekly. Damn, I've never seen him so shy around, well, anyone before.

"So I thought you might be able to help Tori get cleaned up before she meets everyone. Her, um, bandages keep her kinda limited," I explained.

His eyes zeroed in on the heavy bandages that peeked through her nightgown now as well as the bruises on her face and he growled. Tori's eyes went wide and she scooted back, wincing. His demeanor instantly softened, "I'm sorry, Belle. I didn't mean to scare you. It just infuriates me to see you hurt." He took a tentative step forward. "If you'll allow, I would love to help you comb your hair and feel more comfortable." She nodded hesitantly, so I quickly offered to stay. While Gabe combed out her hair, I found a long, loose button-up shirt to help cover her.