Chapter 11

Tori

It didn't take long to spot them. The dark-haired one with glasses and hazel eyes spotted me quickly. I'd met both of them briefly in Texas on a run with Carlos. I noticed him nudge his partner, then look toward the red-haired waiter. Well, fuck, there's more of them. They made a few gestures that I quickly realized were sign language and I smiled to myself.

Mattie has a message for you, I signed to the one with glasses.

His eyes widened, you know sign language?

I just rolled my eyes at the stupid question and replied, no, I'm a fucking ventriloquist speaking on behalf of Red.

The man choked on his champagne as the red-headed waiter laughed and moved to another spot. I smiled and looked back at the pair, but they had moved down the hall. I started to follow them when I felt a hand on my back and froze. A sexy voice spoke in my ear, "Beautiful and brilliant," he chuckled, "The guys will meet you in the library."

"How the fuck did you sneak up on me like that?" I asked him without turning around.

"Talent, beautiful." His voice sounded like silk and I tilted my head slightly, meeting his chocolate gaze. "Wow," he breathed.

I smirked, "Wow yourself."

He flashed a dazzling smile and nodded toward the hall, "Better get moving. Victor isn't very patient."

"I'll keep that in mind, cutie," I told him as I made my way to the others.

****

I scanned the library and noticed them standing behind a large set of chairs and grinned realizing they had found a blindspot for the security cameras. The one with amber eyes was tapping his foot impatiently. "I take it you're Victor?" I said quietly, coming to stand before them.

"How did you know that?" he demanded, his entire body tensing.

"Kisses mentioned you weren't very patient?" I said nonchalantly.

"Kisses?" the other one asked.

"Didn't catch his name. He snuck up on me and his eyes are the color of Hershey's kisses, so that's what I'm calling him," I shrugged.

The one in glasses chuckled, "Shit, Luke will love that," he muttered. "Anyway, I'm Kota, and yes, this is Victor. Now, you said Mattie had a message for us?"

I took a deep breath, introduced myself, and retold them what Mattie had shared about her grandmother, her daughter, and her wishes. They both looked like they wanted to yell at me, but didn't.

"Does she not care that her daughter misses her?" Victor asked. "What kind of mother leaves her daughter for a fucking drug lord?"

"Shut the fuck up," I hissed. "Don't you idiots get it? The only reason Violet isn't here is because she begged him to leave her with her father. He did that for her, not the other way around. Mattie is trying to keep her safe and away from all this fucked up shit."

"Then she needs to leave too," Kota said firmly.

"Yeah, that will never happen," I snorted. " As fucked up as it sounds, Emilio really does love her. It's the first time I've seen that man show any form of affection or kindness. She may not be completely happy, but she is safe with him. He would burn down the world for her - and that includes anyone who tries to take her from him."

"What about you, Tori," Kota asked, grabbing my arm before I could leave. "Who is keeping you safe?"

"That doesn't matter. She's the only person that's ever stood up for me, and I won't leave her," I said defiantly. "If you really want to help her, then keep her daughter safe and you do that by staying the hell away." I pulled my arm away from him and quickly made my way back to my room.