Chapter-1

Twisted.

Everything in my mind is twisted. Is that true? Just because the doctors claim that I am a nutcase. People easily believe their words. I know they are lying though. Anyone would if they were paid a hefty amount of sum to spew all the nonsense.

A humorless chuckle erupts out of me because I find it funny. My eyes glance at my reflection in the mirror. Even my reflection believes I am deranged. The eyes say so. 

"It is hilarious, right? Money can do wonders." I smiled at myself. 

"Fortunately for me, it was my money." Another laugh bubbled out of my throat, and I tilt my head at my own shadow. Its eyes were a pit of bottomless darkness with a crazy, unhinged glint brewing within them.

I finally stop looking at myself because a rush of annoyance was itching my head to be free. If I let it out, I know I will hurt myself. I know I will shatter this mirror into pieces before picking every sharp piece to check their edge. 

Turning the water that has been flowing down the drain since long off, I step out into my room. My broken and ugly room. Don't I just love it?

Sudden feeling of excitement creeped itself in my mind with the idea of hurting someone.

"Whom should I hurt?" I ask myself, making my way to the eerily silent kitchen. 

"Mother? Father? Where are you?" I whistled, searching for them everywhere in the house. When I found no trace of living in the house, I decided to look into the basement.

They can be hiding there. Why would they hide from me? Did they think I don't care about them anymore? Hopefully, they had not run. It would make me angry to find them and bring them back to their home. 

When will they understand that they can't run from me. I will go to the depths of earth to bring them back. Only death, that too given by me, will free them from me. 

They need to be punished. I thought to myself.

"Amelia darling? John? I won't hurt you. Come out of your hiding." I said loudly, climbing down the stairs to the basement.

My barefoot feet making slow patting noises as I finally cascaded down the unlighted room.

As I felt something wet make contact with my feet, I turn the switch on, chasing the black away.

"Bloody hell." I exclaimed with laughter at the scene in front of me.

The liquid that my feet made contact with was blood, lots of blood. It was everywhere.

"No wonder this is my favorite color." I grin, making my way to the source of all these art.

My burrows furrowed in confusion as I came across the detached head of my mother, staring at me with her dead eyes wide open. 

"When did I do this?" I cursed because although I don't remember it, the familiar feeling that is rooted in my instincts tells me that it was me who did this.

Kicking the head with my barefeet away, I turn to the mutilated body of my stepfather. His fingers were chopped off and "He is eating his fingers? Dude must really find them tasty." I snorted at my own joke.

He is missing his penis as well. Who ate it? Amelia or him? 

"Guess I will never know." with that my eyes darted to a small eyeball of his laying by his burnt feet.

"I think I finally freed you both out of your misery." I tried to stop smiling, but this was making me happy. I was feeling happy.

"I would keep that eyeball as a souvenir, but I don't want to pin your murder on my head." There it is. The giddy feeling where my hand is itching to pick that ugly eyeball.

"Maybe I really want to keep skulls in my basement." That was the last thing before I made a call to 911.

*30 minutes later*

I sat in the corner of the basement, my knees to my chest and head buried there. The sound of police sirens and the thumping sound of people moving reached me. 

Someone was coming downstairs. They were not alone.

"Shit" I heard someone curse followed by someone rushing to me.

"Vanessa? Sweetheart, are you okay?" Officer Ryder asked in his panicked voice as he picked my crying figure in his arms.

I did not say anything. Instead, my tears blurred my vision, and a gut-wrenching sob wrecked my body.

I tried to speak but muffled words came out. 

"It's okay. Don't speak, we are here and will take care of everything." He tried to comfort me.

"M-Mom and D-Dad, they t-they" I choked out as more tears flowed down my my face.

"Oh honey." He muttered sympathetically before placing me down on the sofa of our living room.

Through my blurry vision, I glimpsed at my white dress which had turned crimson. My lips threatened to smile, but forcing myself to act crazy, I pulled on the dress. Trying to tear it and get the blood away.

"Get it away, get this away from me." I shouted, staring at the blood with panicked eyes. 

Officer Ryder immediately forced my hands away from the dress, before forcing me to look at him.

"Vanessa, look at me. Don't look down or anywhere. Keep your eyes on my face." He ordered.

I nodded at him, my body shaking from all the weeping and whimpering. What am I? A cat? Maybe I should mewl too?

"Ms. Simpson will go with you to your room. You can take shower and then change. After you will calm down, we will have a conversation. Is that okay?" He said every word so smoothly, afraid to hurt me.

I meekly nod my head slowly, sniffling and sobbing silently. A red-head lady, who must be Ms. Simpson took a hold of my hand and carefully helped me on my feet before escorting me to my room.

"It will be fine dear; everything will be fine." She, in hope of comfort and her pity directed at me, soothingly whispered.

Everything will not be fine. It will not be okay.

Why?

Because everything is bloody perfect. Pun intended.

________________________________________

A|N: Well, that was the first chapter. Hoping you all loved Vanessa's personality? 

What are your thoughts?

How did you feel while reading it?

AND YES! The book is dark. As you must have already guessed. Anyways, this was just a first chapter, a lot of things will be happening. 

Wishing that you might find my writing improved than before?

Bye guys! Don't forget to like and comment.

love, Ms_CornSalad