Chapter~23

Like
.
.
.

Comment
.
.
.

Enjoy <33
.
.
.

Lucas's POV: 

I was standing outside our HOD's office, waiting for him to come out with the new student because I was a perfect guy to be called in the morning to give some rich kid a tour of our department and college. 

I sighed for the thousandth time, but lauded the divine heaven when the door to his office opened and he walked out with two people by his side. Of the two, one was Dante Rossi, the owner of the club where I work as a bartender and the other was the woman that I was having trouble to not think about.

"Mr. Rossi and Ms. Rossi, this is Lucas Miller. One of the most hardworking and extremely talented students of our department." Dr. Adam praised me while I muttered a polite greeting to them.

Her eyes find mine, and I saw a spark of interest shine in them as she stared at me. Her eyes forcing me to remember the parting words she had whispered to me.

"If we, by any chance, come across each other again, I will take it as a sign."

After speaking a sentence or two, Dr. Adam took his leave, leaving me behind with my employer and her.

"How are you doing, Lucas?" Mr. Rossi asked, staring at me with a hard look.

"I am good. Thank you for asking, sir." I instantly responded. 

Dante Rossi was a very intimidating yet just men I have ever come across. He might be tough and hard, but he is really considerate about his employees, that is something I can say from my experience.

"I was informed about your mother's recovery. Good work." While he spoke, I felt her gaze penetrating me from the side. 

"All thanks to you sir. It wasn't possible without your help." I meant what I said. Mr. Rossi had paid for my mother's spinal surgery. It is because of him only that my mother can walk and work fine. I was gladly under obligation of his charity and respected him a lot.

"This is my sister Vanessa. Vanessa, this is Lucas, he works as a bartender at the club you went to two nights ago." He introduced us.

Vanessa Denaro Rossi. Holy cow of all the cow. The girl I was daydreaming about is my boss's sister. Of course, fate knows how to play a guy's heart. I, with me poverty ridden existence, a slave to capitalism hardly making end meets for me and my family, is thinking about a woman who is everything he is not, a royalty and luxury, that I can't afford. A forbidden gem that even my sole existence is not worth of. 

Moreover, she is the cherished sister of Mr. Rossi whom I admire and can never betray. It feels like I am at the center of some cosmic joke.

"So, we meet again." Vanessa exclaims after Mr. Rossi excuses himself and leave.

Vanessa's POV:

"So, we meet again." I spoke out, staring at his face. For some reason, he was avoiding the eye contact with me. He just nodded in response and asked me to follow him.

"So, Lucas, how is our department?" I asked, trying to butter up some conversation with him while walking down the corridors.

"The faculty members our really understanding and teaches well. They are friendly but also strict if we waver to do things expected of us constantly. The students, it depends. Some are really cool while others are...I will say immature." He rushes out, while pointing to the different rooms and their name boards. 

"Immature?" I inquired, his hesitation to speak this word was enough for me to further put my nose where it will constantly remain in the upcoming future.

"Immature in the sense that they have zero regards for others except them. To them, they are the only worthy people to get the proper education not those who should be working at some beaten countryside cafe to survive." He immediately stops after realizing that he was rambling about some pricks to me.

"I apologize. My mouth sometimes does not register what it spits out." He cheekily says before looking away with a flushed face. 

For the rest of the tour, he kept quiet and only spoke when it was necessary. 

"Finally, this is your locker, and I will just give you the key." He grumbled, pulling something out from his bag's side pocket. That something was the key to my locker.

"Here. For the timetable, you will have to sign up to our university website and there will be an option to access our departmental portal. There, you will find all the important information." He explains patiently.

"How will I know if the lectures get cancelled? The same portal?" I asked, noticing how he was either looking behind me or my head, and in between glimpsing at my face. 

"We have official groups where the professor informs us in advance about that and share readings. You can give me your contact number; I will add you there." He further discussed and I acknowledged his words by an 'ok'.

"Give me your phone." I forwarded my hand. He frowned at it, dumbstruck. 

"To add my contact." I elaborated, and a reddish tint covered his ears while he handed me his phone.

"Lucas?" I muttered, while adding the number in his phone.

"Yes?" He hummed.

"Am I unpleasant to look at?" I connected my eyes with his, passing him his phone back.

"What? No? I mean no. You are gorgeous." He rushed out, failing to decipher the suddenness of my question.

"Is that so? Then why are you avoiding looking me in the face?" I pulled my hand back, unintentionally grazing his fingers with mine. The caress was innocent, but the flare that sparkled flickered a reaction out of both of us.

While I was astonished at feeling something like I have never before, he stared at me like he committed a sin of which there was no atonement for. An ugly doubt crept into my heart, and I fathom the notion of liking me in itself was disgusting. 

When I could barely tolerate myself, how can someone so innocent, precious like him can even like me?

"Thanks for the tour. You can take your leave now." I coldly dismissed him, afraid to taint him with my monstrosity. 

I didn't wait for him to speak, instead, I decided to go to the cafeteria, while texting my friends to inform that I was finally sharing a same university with them.

While I walked away, it didn't skip me that someone was watching me leave. And, I had a good idea who this person was.

___________________________________________

A/N:- Did you like the chapter?

Hopefully, you did!

Your opinions? Any thoughts or feedback?

Any theories?

Take care ❤️

Bye!

Love,
Ms_CornSalad❤️