Chapter - 28

Like
.
.
.

Comment
.
.
.

Enjoy <33
.
.
.

Vanessa's POV:

Tick tock.

Tick tock..

Tick tock....

Tick tick tick....

“Are you even listening?” Dante snapped, slamming his hands on the table. But my eyes were occupied with the skull resting on his table.

The skull was a taunting reminder of how she fucked with my plans by stupidly being unable to control her emotions. By giving into those evils.

She did this. I have been doing everything for years, fucking bloody everything. And now, a part of my conspiracy is going down a drain and I can't do anything.

I don't have the power to pick all the sand with my bare hands. I am incapable at this moment. And, don't I just hate feeling useless. Out of control.

It makes my inside churn. I promised myself I won't feel like this ever again. My mind is crowded making it difficult for me to think of something other than hating the uncontrollable part of me.

“Vanessa!”

Goosebumps erupt on my body, and startled, I jumped out of the chair.

My heart thumped, the sound deafening my ears. No matter how much you overcome your demons, how desperately you try to fight them, there will always remain that one thing that triggers you. That makes you scared, giving way to the terror rushing in to suffocate you.

I am strong now. With the power to fight and defend myself, but the grip of the monsters is so tight, that it's impossible to break free.

To not feel scared when someone creeps behind me. When I'm attuned to reality and become unaware of my surroundings, I hate anyone who comes from behind me or startles me by being so close and speaking.

It brings the past memories to my present. Intermingling the terrified me and the dauntless, my brain gets confused. It stops working the way it's supposed to and every time, the courageous me fails.

Every single time.

I am losing my crap. I am losing it. The control is slipping away from my hands and I'm becoming useless with every passing minute.

My body flinched away as a reflex when someone put their hand on my shoulder.

No

No no, I can't skip there. Not now, not when my so-called brothers can witness it.

I need my pills. Fuck.

Bloody fuck! I don't have them.

Shit.

Shit.

Fucking shit.

I breathe steadily, closing my eyes, attempting to think of something. Anything.

Slowly opening my eyes, I pat my jeans pocket and sigh in relief. Taking the phone out of my pocket, I pace around like a madwoman in the office space, unintentionally ignoring everyone that was present.

Calling the only person who can help me, I wait for him to pick up the call.

“Van? Nessa?” His voice reached my ear, bringing a piece of warmth with it.