Chapter~34

Hey guys! So, if you love arranged marriage or forced marriage trope, give my book “Wild and Wicked” a chance if you can! Will mean a lot <3. P.s. It's completed.

Like
.
.
.
.
.
Comment
.
.
.
.
.
Share/Follow
.
.
.
~ Constructive feedback is appreciated~
.
.
.
♦ Please don't be a silent reader,and at least leave a like to motivate me♦
.
.
.

Vanessa's POV:

"You did great, Van." 

I didn't do shit. 

"Your mind is a poison, and it hurts me to see you drink it." Matthew sighed again, failing in his attempt to make me speak up.

"Van, whatever you are thinking, it is not true." It was now Damien, his voice thick with worry. Typical old me, always burdening others for my well-being.

"I am fine." No, I am not. I am far from being alright. My mind is trapped in a cage that I want to escape desperately. I don't want to think, let alone feel anymore. My wishes are impossible to be granted, despite the attempts you make to stop yourself from feeling things, the numbness always carry an agony so sharp that it will cut you deeply, but won't ever fade. 

The medical reports of the saved victims chipped away another broken piece of me. No matter how many times we do this, it always keep getting worse and worse. There is only so much of pain that I can consume, but it feels I keep exceeding that limit.

It hurts. It hurts a lot.

The little girl is scarred forever, just like me. Her eyes resembled mine. I fear her future, because I don't want her to grow up into something like me. A monster so ugly, so pathetic that even the death refuse to take it. I despise myself more after seeing her. She is all that I once was. A helpless, loveless, and a broken toy of corrupt desire.

The muse of the evil. Burned, broken, tattered and torn apart. They have put their claws so deep in that little girl, it makes me regret that I couldn't help her sooner. I failed at what I promised. An oath when I vowed to be the hand that pull these tortured souls out of their misery, because no one wanted to do that for me. 

Today, I broke my oath. Indeed I helped her, I  helped all of them, yet I was late. 

Nevertheless that wasn't what angered me the most, but the burn marks on her back. Burnt scars that engraved the number fourteen on her back. Cigarettes burn, silhouette of iron rod and the whipped skin. Truly, I am lost because I have no clue what to make of it.

Was it written their randomly? Or is there a snitch and they somehow found out it is me that's coming after them? 

That can't be true. It must not be. There is something else. Something that my eyes are unable to witness and my mind failing to look beyond. 

There is one thing for sure, whatever it is, my gut tells me that I won't like it. 

Matthew pulled the car in his driveway, the view of another car parked didn't go unnoticed by any of us.

"Nicolo" Both Matthew and I voiced out together. 

"Did ask him to come here?" I asked, helping myself out of the car. My eyes flicking towards the sky, noticing the stars and the moon.