Chapter~6

Like
.
.
.
Comment
.
.
.
Enjoy ❣️
.
.
.

When you are a capo of a mafia, your brothers too have to follow your orders. Even if you are a fucking grown up. One just can't go against their leader's order. I thought as my eyes drifted to the two individual sitting on the floor, eating their dinner.

Now, that's humiliating and disrespectful.

When Armano called Dante and the others told him about the incident, there was no reaction that gave away what he was thinking. It was the bark of his order that Angelo and Lorenzo will sit where I sat on the floor, and they will be served exactly where they would be sitting.

The satisfaction that bolted through my blood was ecstatic. Now, I am looking forward to the end of this dinner because they will be apologizing to me. My inner narcissist is jumping in excitement. 

"Vanessa, can you tell us more about yourself?" Dante filled the silence with a question.

I gulped the chewed steak down my throat. Without looking up, I answered "21" and went back to cutting the steak. Whoever cooked the damn thing had magic in his hands. Because, it was the best steak I have ever tasted.

And I love food. I have tried so many types of dishes at many different restaurants and all the steaks I ever had do not hold a coin to this one. 

"What's 21?" Nicolo asked.

"My age." I answered. Annoyance was getting to me from these questions. I prefer silence when I am enjoying my food. If they keep asking me all these questions, I am bound to snap at them.

"Besides your age" Finally losing the patience, I cut Dante amidst his words.

"Can you not see that I am eating?" I snapped.

Armano choked on the food he was eating and Nicolo was patting his back, or more like taking some revenge and slapping his back hardly. Without any thought, I passed him a glass of water. He drowned the water in one go.

Everyone was staring at me with a look of horror except Nicolo. He was gawking at me with stars in his eyes.

"You can eat your dinner. After that, we will have a chat in my office." Dante announced before  getting up.

He turned his head a little to face Angelo and Lorenzo before reminding them of their pending task.

"Don't forget to apologize to your sister." Throwing a last glance my way, he strolled out the room.

"Holy crap! We never even had the guts to talk back to him. My sorella just yelled at him." Nicolo exclaimed, staring at me like I was some kind of an idol. He is stupid.

"That almost became the reason for my death." Angelo stated, gulping another glass of water.

"He didn't even say anything. That's unfair. You are already his favorite." Vincenzo grinned at me, happy for some reason.

I just shook my head and went about to finish my dinner.  Not even a few hours went by and I am already regretting being here.  Expectantly my plan will soon be completed and I will leave this place for once and all. 

The moment I finished my dinner, I got up, picking my plates along and placing them in the sink.

"You can leave the plates be. Angelo and Lorenzo will be washing the dishes as their punishment." Vincenzo spoke out, earning a grumble of protest from the two offenders of the household.