Chapter~9

Like
.
.
.
Comment
.
.
.
Enjoy ❣️
.
.
.

"Vanessa" 

The guy rushed towards me and before I know it, I was pulled into a very familiar comfortable embrace. Not that I would admit loudly.

"Get away from me." I scowled, playfully pushing Matthew's body away from mine.

"What are you doing here?" Matthew questioned, staring at me with his carefree grin.

"Being a good citizen and following the law." I responded, finally taking a step back. There is a limit to tolerating any physical contact before a prickling sensation of hurting the person takes over my senses.

"Now I get why Damien has been out of his mind with excitement." He exclaimed acting like he just unraveled some nuclear science concept unknown to the military scientists.

"Woah, how about we don't ignore my presence?" Nicolo sang out, putting himself between Mathew and me.

"How about you stop being miserable jealous prick of a best friend?" Matthew scoffed, shoving Nicolo. Nicolo lost his footing and almost stumble down to the surface.

"It is too early for this." I whispered and headed to the kitchen, leaving behind two bickering 26-year-old kids.

My eyes noticed Dante sitting at the head of the table with newspaper in his hands and his focus solely on the words written there. Vincenzo was in the kitchen and making something on the stove with a rainbow-colored apron over his completely black and white formal attire. Lorenzo and Angelo were showing something to each other on the phone and laughing about it. Lastly, Armano laid his face down on the table, his eyes shut closed and drool coming out of his mouth.

Deliberately sitting on the empty chair besides Armano, I flukily kicked his leg. He jerked awake with a shriek and almost fell down. My hands curl around his bicep deterring him from falling out of his chair.

"Good morning sister." He smiled as soon as he regain his composure. In response, I acknowledged his words with an eye roll. No morning is good.

Vincenzo placed a bowl of cereals flooding in the milk in front of me followed by a glass of orange juice. My eyes shot up to his beaming face, as he took a seat opposite to mine. 

"Did you sleep comfortably?" Dante asked although he was still reading the newspaper. 

I slept as comfortably as one could in a foreign house under which resided strange men who worked in a fucking mafia. In other words, not an ounce of sleep and comfort graced me last night. Hence the reason why I had freshen up an hour or so earlier.

But rather than saying that, I just ignored his question. A few seconds later, the bickering kids paraded into the kitchen, still throwing insults towards each other.

Their pitter-patter caught the attention of everyone in the room and turned out, I wasn't the only one getting annoyed when a grumbling speech left the man reading his newspaper.

"Be quiet."

Both the men shut their mouth, taking the last two vacant seats. 

"Why do you come here every morning? Do you not have breakfast at your place?" Angelo grumbled out towards Matthew, his permanent scowl set on his face.

"Actually, yes. That's the reason. Will you be so good and buy me some breakfast to last for days?" Matthew retorted before flipping Angelo off. Then he turned his attention back to me.