Chapter~8

Like
.
.
.
Comment
.
.
.
Enjoy 💫
.
.
.
"I could only sneak this, please eat." The guard whispered, passing a small piece of bread to a small chained figure.

Snatching the bread from his hand, I ate it quickly, scared someone will take it from me. My hands shaking from terror.

"I wish I could get you out of here." The guard looked at me, his eyes a painting of pity and compassion. I just looked at him, terrified as he sat down on the floor, near my cage. 

He didn't say anything. He is not allowed to. Yet, he always bring me a scrap of food so I won't starve to death. I am already a bag of bones, the silhouette of my ribs visible to naked eyes. That's what they did to me. That's what my parents did to me and they never cared. Yet this stranger is putting his life at risk for me. 

"They will hurt you." My 13 year old self spoke to him for the first time.

"I know."

He didn't say anything after that. He kept sitting until the sound of door rattling reached our ears. The man stood up taking his position faraway from my cage. 

The breath was knocked out of my lungs as the fear began to consume me. Edging myself to the corner of the small cramp, I brought my knees to my chest, hugging them tightly. The boots clicking on the floor came closer and I bit my lips to stop from whimpering.

Tears clouded my vision and with each passing second, my breath was getting shorter and shorter.

Don't cry. Don't you dare cry. 

Why are these tears not stopping. I kept chanting the same word repeatedly, trying to convince myself not to cry. My naked figure rocking itself in hope to bring comfort.

But nothing works. Nothing ever works. Specially when I know they are here. They will hurt me. 

They will hurt me again. No, no no. I can't handle it. The trembling of my small body grew tenfold, my hand and legs shaking with dread. They will hurt me. They are back.

Tears after tears cascaded down my eyes but regardless of that, tears didn't seems to end. They were dropping down from a never-ending source. 

Someone get me out of here. 

I covered my mouth with the back of my palm, biting it in frustration as a loud sob wrecked out of me. Now, they will come for me. What did I do. No, no, no. God please, I don't know if you are listening, but please help me. 

When the view of someone's leg came into my vision, my self control broke shattered and I cried. I tried to stop myself by biting my palm, but even the blood drew out yet it failed to prevent me from whimpering loudly.

"Look at our little doll, what did we say about crying?" The others also came. 

I kept chanting no and shaking my head, pleading them to have mercy on me, to forgive me this time. I won't cry again, I won't make any sounds. My screams didn't let me speak. I can never speak in their presence, They terrifies me.

When the man unlocked the lock on my cage, he grinned at me. How can he be happy to see someone like this? How can they do this? Everyone lied. 

The devil is not the king of hell, but the people living among us. They are the true monsters. Living with smiles on their face, pretending to be innocent when it is them who everyone should be beware of. Because soon they always shows their true face. Their evil and disgusting face. One can't hide the truth for long, even if the truth resides in the darkness. It always come out. 

Unhappy with my decision to come out, one of the man grabbed me by my ankle, forcing me out of that confinement.

My back screamed in pain as the iron surface scraped against it. Before I even had the time to try and pull back, a searing sting surfaced in my head as someone gripped them tightly.

As the man haul my figure by my hair, I thrashed against them. My attempt to fight will rile them, but my body worked on its own accord. The man shoved my head face-first on the ground, his foot pressing on my neck hardly.

A howl of pain escaped my lips when someone delivered a kick to my back, putting as much pressure as he could, trying to imprint his shoe. Another kick made contact with the side of my face. My weeping increased with every assault they were inflicting on my body.

This was already worse and then I heard it. The sound of belt clattering made my heart stop. No, not again. 

"I am sorry. I am so s-sorry." I apologized, my body frantically trying to get away from them.

A strike on my back mixed my words with the scream that was rippling out of me. 

"Hold her" 

I snapped out of my head, my heart heavy from remembering the past. My hands snaked in my head, pulling on my hair with frustration.

When the psycho had decided to sleep, I snatched the reign of control from her. Since then, I have been laying in bed, staring at the ceiling while trying to sleep. But, no matter how much I have been striving to fall sleep, all my efforts go in vain as my mind keep drifting to the memories I keep locked away.

With a frustrated sigh, I got out of the bed and make my way to the window. Sliding the curtains away, I stared outside. The sun had already risen, shining its light on the world. The blue sky too was brimming with pearly clouds, moving freely. 

How does it feel to be liberated? I wanted to ask them. My eyes then went to a person walking towards the foyer of the mansion. Spotting a very familiar figure, I pulled my brows together in confusion.

What is he doing here?

Turning away from the window, I swaggered out of the room, taking big strides. As I descended down the last stair, I saw him and Nicolo doing that boys handshake. 

I cleared my throat to catch his attention and successfully, I did. The instant his eyes stopped on me, they went wide.

"Vanessa?"

__________________________________

A/N: HELLO LOVELIES!

This is just a glimpse of what happened to her .. believe me it doesn't even hold a candle to it...

Anyways, did you like it?

How was it?

Who do you think was this familiar person?

Thoughts on who that guard might be?

what do you think will happen in next chapter?

If you have any theory drop it here!

Love y'all❤❤❤❤

by,
Ms_CornSalad ❣️

by,Ms_CornSalad ❣️