Chapter~26

Like
.
.
.

Comment
.
.
.

Enjoy <33
.
.
.

Lucas's POV:-

"What did you?"

Dread.

It is an emotion entwined with pain, suffering, terror, and devastation. A poison that renders you senseless to the unknown. In this realm, logic dissolves into absurdity, and the illogical seamlessly weaves into perfect sense.

This is a true mind game, where overwhelming feelings blur everything, intensifying the tremor within your heart, causing an agonizing ache. It feels like you have only a moment left to live, yet despair works its magic, and suddenly, you are alive, every single thing hurting and bleeding, screaming in red.

Soon, it turns you into a wreck. An ugly thing which should be hidden away somewhere unbeknownst to humankind. 

But the ugly wreck had to find the key and make its appearance, especially in front of her. The crushed shreds of my sanity bled out right in her presence and I succumbed to the poison in my mind. 

"Are you okay?" She whispered, her voice a blanket of warmth wrapping itself around my senses.

"What did you?" I raise my voice a little this time, suffocation clogging up my throat, ready to burst. 

"What do you mean? Do you want to sit down? Should I get you some water?" Her words rushed out, tinged with uncertainty. I tightened my grip on her hands, pushing them away, afraid I might bruise them.

"Don't come near me again." My feet took a slow step back before turning my back to her and escaping away from her, ignoring her calling out my name.

She doesn't know it, but it is for her betterment. She only caught a glimpse of my manic, but the true horror lurks within the walls of my mind, a savage that has ruined my life. A malevolent force controlling my puppet-like body with the strings it holds.

Something that terrifies me with the thought that it may do something that it will be difficult to return. A callousness that haunts my past, present and will creep its way into my future. I barely survived the guilt once; I can't afford to do it again. 

I knock on the door, asking Mrs. Aya Adel if I can enter the lecture as I got late. She nodded at me with a small smile, allowing me in. 

Mrs. Aya Adel is one of the best professors in the political science department. She is an Egyptian, who has specialization in International Relations and have written three books and about 10 articles that are very famous among intellects. 

Although, I had zero interest in opting for International Relations as my elective, but I did, solely because she would teach it. And if you are regular in her classes, you won't have to study extra as she does everything in detail that her lecture notes are more than enough to top the paper.

As I took the empty seat at the very last, another intruder entered the room. My heart thumped when I noticed it was her. What is she doing here? She muttered something to the professor, but her gaze was settled on me. 

She looked as calm as one can get, but her eyes fixated on me screamed a completely altered story. She was pissed. No, not just pissed, she was furious and much more. 

I averted my stare away from her and indulged in retrieving blank sheets from my bag to take notes. It is not like I did anything wrong. 

My body flinched as someone slammed some sheets on my table. Not just any sheets, the hand-written article that I spent writing the past four months. The damn article that those stupid rich boys wanted to buy.

My eyes trailed up the hand that placed them on my desk and further moved up to see her forest green eyes staring down at me with a glare. 

Like a coward, I seize my work before putting them silently in my bag, hoping she will leave. She had different plan. She drops her bag on the chair and made herself comfortable in the seat next to me.

I wanted to scream that there are other empty seats, instead, I decided to seal my mouth shut.

Throughout the whole lecture, I was agitated, unable to concentrate on what was being taught due to a palpable presence next to me. A soft hand firmly squeezed my thigh, stopping the bouncing of my leg. 

"Close your eyes and calmly count to 20." I bit my lips as her fingers began to draw circles above my knee. With a shaky breath, I close my eyes. 

One. 

Two.

A shiver slither through my body as she continued to draw circles. Strange warmth crawl out of my heart and spread its way into my stomach. 

Three.

Four.

I have read about the butterflies in one's stomach, yet I never imagined myself experiencing them. They are strange, a weird sensation that keeps erupting in my stomach. Those are not painful, but weirdly pleasant.

Five. Six. Seven......Twenty.

It worked. As I open my eyes, I know I feel better. There was silence in my brain. And my brain has never been so quiet, so at peace. 

Turning my gaze, I noticed her. Unlike me, she was focused on what Mrs. Adel was teaching and even jotted down notes. A frown was prominent with how engrossed and attentive she was, barely affected by the proximity.

A sigh escaped her lips. She tilted her head a little, meeting my eyes with hers. 

"If you keep staring at me like that, I won't be able to get any work done." 

Hot red seared my neck and ears, and I am pretty sure my cheeks also got tinted with blush by being caught ogling. Holy moly! This is embarrassing.

"On the second thought, keep staring. Your eyes burning the side of my face was hot." She grinned, and something shifted in her eyes, which make it look different. But that's insane. I must be seeing things.

The ringing of the bell dismissed the lecture. I hastily put everything in my bag and rushed out. Not wanting to spend any more time with her in my vicinity. Being near her makes my head fuzzy and weird. It makes me lose my mind. 

And in this university, there is only one place where I can clear my mind. The terrace. 

My hand reached out to open the door of the terrace, I feel something. Or someone.

My breath quickens and the hair on the back of my neck stood up. My hands begin to quiver as the brush of air hits my nape and the familiar voice whispers in my ear.

"Running away somewhere, dove?"

__________________________________________

A/N:- Did you like the chapter?

Hopefully, you did!

Your opinions? Any thoughts or feedback?

Any theories?

Take care ❤️

Bye!

Love,
Ms_CornSalad❤️